The 2013 NHL Season Thread

charger77

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's quite nice of the Lightning to give Tom Sestito the night of his life tonight.

No goals since 12/23/2010. Two tonight.

(dance)

Can't believe Sestito outscored the Lightning

I never realized the CCSLC immortalized the Bobrovsky dance.

tumblr_m61a1gbKnW1qgeh2io1_500.gif

Post of the day.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

And now let's all gird our loins for HERP DERP HE WAS ADMIRING HIS OWN PASS HE DESERVED TO GET HIT IN THE HEAD THAT'S A CLEAN HIT ALWAYS HAS BEEN THEY'RE PUSSIFYING MY GAME

Except that was a clean hit. 5 minutes and a match for a "hit to the head" penalty with full contact to the shoulder.

EDIT: Deciding, "oh, and another 10 for Keith, too" 8 minutes later was equally dumb.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Yeah, well, Joe Thornton rabbit-punched Toews last year and took him out for two months and busted the Hawks down from 1st to 6th, so even with a bad game misconduct they've still ultimately come out ahead.

I just wish people would do all this histrionic garment-rending about The Death Of Hockey when games are 2-1 with 22 combined shots on goal instead of when someone gets hurt. You never hear enough about The Death Of Hockey then.

You should have heard Konroyd's verbal linguistics during intermission as he attempted to explain why, though he didn't believe Desjardins targeted Mayers' head or actually made contact with it, he still felt the match penaly for a hit to the head was the correct call. Some White House Press Secretary-level stuff going on with that one.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Yeah, well, Joe Thornton rabbit-punched Toews last year and took him out for two months and busted the Hawks down from 1st to 6th, so even with a bad game misconduct they've still ultimately come out ahead.

I just wish people would do all this histrionic garment-rending about The Death Of Hockey when games are 2-1 with 22 combined shots on goal instead of when someone gets hurt. You never hear enough about The Death Of Hockey then.

Huh? Simplify your statement. If you're saying that there is something wrong with a low-scoring, low shot game, then I'm lost. What's wrong with a 2-1 game and 22 shots on goal? Injuries are going to happen. I don't care how careful you try to be, players are going to get injured. You can't stop all of it. Hell Dustin Penner got hurt eating pancakes. But I'm not sure how players getting injured and a low scoring game are the death of hockey. Let's say Sidney Crosby never came back, would it have been sad? Yes, but life moves on. Stop and think about how great Cam Neely would've been had he not got injured. Injuries nor low-scoring games are not the death of hockey. Now if you're talking about the media that over-hypes every little thing, then yes, they need to calm down. The neutral zone trap didn't kill the game of hockey. The only thing that will kill the game, are the owners and they've tried like hell to kill it.

Huh? Simplify your statement. If you're saying that there is something wrong with a low-scoring, low shot game, then I'm lost. What's wrong with a 2-1 game and 22 shots on goal? Injuries are going to happen. I don't care how careful you try to be, players are going to get injured. You can't stop all of it. Hell Dustin Penner got hurt eating pancakes. But I'm not sure how players getting injured and a low scoring game are the death of hockey. Let's say Sidney Crosby never came back, would it have been sad? Yes, but life moves on. Stop and think about how great Cam Neely would've been had he not got injured. Injuries nor low-scoring games are not the death of hockey. Now if you're talking about the media that over-hypes every little thing, then yes, they need to calm down. The neutral zone trap didn't kill the game of hockey. The only thing that will kill the game, are the owners and they've tried like hell to kill it.

I'm not sure that's what Admiral meant.

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

The Leafs outpace the Capitals in a game I was sure they would blow. A win's a win though, and the Leafs need all the points they can get.

Also Scrivens' goalie mask design is pure class.

I dig!

tumblr_mdyo7aEunq1r1cbgpo1_500.jpg

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

The Leafs outpace the Capitals in a game I was sure they would blow. A win's a win though, and the Leafs need all the points they can get.

I dig!

It's been so long since a Leafs goaltender has had a simple, well designed goalie mask that reflected the team's name and identity. We have to go all the way back to Peter bloody Ing.

PeterIngMapleLeafs_zps5fc8fe33.jpg

The Caps have been absolutely atrocious against teams who've played the night before. You would think that this would give the Caps an edge against their opponent, right?

I dig!

It's been so long since a Leafs goaltender has had a simple, well designed goalie mask that reflected the team's name and identity. We have to go all the way back to Peter bloody Ing.

In this day of airbrushed masks with detail so small you can't tell what is when they show close up shots, Scrivens' mask is a breath of fresh air. It's the kind of mask I would wear if I was an NHL goalie.

PvO6ZWJ.png

I dig!

In this day of airbrushed masks with detail so small you can't tell what is when they show close up shots, Scrivens' mask is a breath of fresh air. It's the kind of mask I would wear if I was an NHL goalie.

I love Scriv's mask. I wish I had a mask like that. Holzer got his first goal last night too. It was a beaut!

On the bright side, everybody has brought life into this otherwise-moribund sub-forum.

I'm right there with you. The airbrushing trend's the plague of goalie mask design.

I'm right there with you. The airbrushing trend's the plague of goalie mask design.

Yep, I'll take a Fuhr Oilers, Roy Canadiens or Casey North Stars any day of the week.

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

Archived