The 2013 NHL Season Thread

charger77

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Speaking of goalie masks, nobody is more ADD with his mask than Steve Mason. He wears at least 3 different mask designs a season. He had a contest for the fans to design a mask for him a couple years ago. I think he wore the winning entry once.

slide_masonabe.jpg

6171591746_7d366dda1d.jpg

550090_10150683719679819_2046306446_n.jpg

mason_bluejackets_match_6.jpg

steve-mason.jpg

buddy should probably worry a little bit more about keeping pucks out of his net than what his head protector has painted on it.

PvO6ZWJ.png

I remember Roman Tureks' was weird. He had a monster and a tounge hanging out on the bottom.

This disaster. Always had an Eddie from Iron Maiden feel.

roman_turek-mask-.jpg

I remember this one the most from him back in 2000:turek2.jpg

Turek is an Iron Maiden fan and his masks are inspired by them. I remember reading about it years ago when he was a back up to Belfour.

oh and speaking of which...

ed-belfour.jpg

my personal favorite mask

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

Hahaha, now the Islanders are just running up the score on the "players who won't report to the Islanders" tally. They know he's sitting out the year!

My guess is that they're taking on his DCS so that they can trade real money away at the deadline and still technically be above the floor. Goddamn Islanders.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

preview_348_37310.jpg

Wait, those dashed lines say ROY? Never noticed that.

Well, they couldn't fit WAAAAAAAAAAAAAA on there so they had to go with the short version.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Hahaha, now the Islanders are just running up the score on the "players who won't report to the Islanders" tally. They know he's sitting out the year!

My guess is that they're taking on his DCS so that they can trade real money away at the deadline and still technically be above the floor. Goddamn Islanders.

Doesn't his money not count against the cap because technically he's suspended?

And Boston only gets the pick if Thomas actually plays for the Islanders.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

I don't think the Bruins are obligated to pay him, but his hit does count against the cap, possibly because he's a 35+. Devious.

I don't think the Bruins are obligated to pay him, but his hit does count against the cap, possibly because he's a 35+. Devious.

Ah. Shenanigans.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

This by Jeremy Jacobs's team...so he'll force another lockout in 10 years to close the loophole he created.

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

It's a smart move by the Islanders. If you're in playoff contention at the deadline and make it in, then hey, cool, nothing lost, nothing gained. If you falter, however, you can move expiring contracts like Streit and Boyes and take even more money off your books, collecting prospects in return. As for the Bruins, hey, just got a bunch of money off the books to get better and you didn't give anyone up because the guy is just living in a shack and crapping in the woods or going on a vision quest or whatever the hell it is he's doing. So hey, props to all parties involved.

Archived