The 2013 NHL Season Thread

charger77

brode_zps31be0497.jpg

It's 661 now...can he just retire already so he stops beating the Rangers? Thanks.

kinda would be funny to get win 666 and just retire at that number.

in fairness to the numbers he's been on a contending team pretty much for his entire tenure as a devil. Those other teams had some seriously bad seasons for prolonged periods of time. Some like Atlanta and Columbus who have been scary bad the majority of the time in the league.

Well the Devils have been a contender because they have had a great goalie, and in my book the best goalie ever.

Your book is wrong. Patty Wah was better.

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Brodeur is like 9.8 to Roy's 9.9 for me. I just think that Roy was better because without him, the Habs would be staring down a 34-year Cup drought.

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

This is true. However, I would have to say that at this point, Brodeur has shaken off the accusations of coasting on the neutral zone trap/dead puck era and remained an elite goalie in a more offensive era (2005-2011). So yeah.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

There's been what, one Shanaban this season? League must be in "let 'em kill each other since we couldn't crush 'em in the lockout" mode.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

While I've been fervently pro-union on such trivial matters as "preserving the integrity of the league," the union has been woefully deficient on matters of player safety. It's not a surprise; since the health of players was a deficiency of the MLBPA under Fehr as well; going all tumblr_m9751jHxSF1qadyaxo1_500.gif on the fact that steroids are bad for you. The union's stance on player safety, as best I can tell, is

1) the injured player is making an NHL salary

2) his injured player's replacement is now making an NHL salary

3) the player who committed the injury is being suspended and/or fined

Therefore, the player who committed the injury is suffering an injustice.greater than that of the injured player.

It's bean-counting at its worst, and a place where the union needs to advocate for quality of life rather than quality of paycheck.

Wasn't there a Bruins/Lightning game in Tampa that was postponed for a power outage?

Justin Schultz with a precision laser through traffic to tie the Oilers/Wings game. It was a simple beauty. Seek it out later.

Sens/Jets should be postponed due to lack of hockey.

If you had told me Al Montoya and Ben Bishop would be the starting goalies, I would have called 6-5. I want Ben Bishop, seems wasted in Ottawa.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Wasn't there a Bruins/Lightning game in Tampa that was postponed for a power outage?

Nope, just canceled due to the state of emergency status in the Commonwealth. My town (about a mile or two from the Garden) got 28 inches so it's a little more than just a "little snowstorm" like NEW.ERA said.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Nope, just canceled due to the state of emergency status in the Commonwealth. My town (about a mile or two from the Garden) got 28 inches so it's a little more than just a "little snowstorm" like NEW.ERA said.

I know it's more than just a little storm. Out east knows what a snowstorm is.

I believe the last game that was postponed due to a snowstorm was a Flames/Avalanche game in Denver back in 2006.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

I remember a Lightning at Devils game was suspended in the 2nd period due to a power outage a couple of years ago.

The Islanders lucked out today. I got 32 inches of snow here in Suffolk. Nassau wasn't hit as hard. I will not be going to the game tonight.

I remember a Lightning at Devils game was suspended in the 2nd period due to a power outage a couple of years ago.

The Islanders lucked out today. I got 32 inches of snow here in Suffolk. Nassau wasn't hit as hard. I will not be going to the game tonight.

Sweet I hear every fan will get his own vendor

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Kind of like the time the Devils played in a blizzard and only 300 people could make it. I'm surprised the Isles didn't postpone as well tonight.

I know they wanted to postpone the game on the day-after-Christmas blizzard a couple of years ago but the league wouldn't let them. I have family near the Coliseum. The roads out there are at least passable now. So the attendance won't be 300 people bad.

Archived