The 2013 NHL Season Thread

charger77

Well, at least I was wise enough to know that a 6-1 start to the season was no sure-fire sign that the Lightning were bound for a great season.

Four straight losses, and if not for the canceled game in Boston yesterday, they're returning home back at .500, and all the progress lost. This franchise never ceases to find ways to throw cold water in my face.

spacer.png

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How about Edmonton has no business holding Nail Yakupov's rights?

I wanted CBJ to get the first pick for two reasons:

1:Edmonton didn't need Yakupov, they needed Murray.

2. I wanted CBJ to have a chance and to not get the rug pulled out from under them.

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

It's been a while since I last followed the NHL so I'm a little confused. Can someone explain to me what the Vegas oddsmakers saw in the Rangers to make this team one of the preseason favorites to win the Stanley Cup?

Top record in the Eastern Conference in 2011-12, and they added Rick Nash during the (extended) off-season. King Hank is still the best in the league, IMO. It doesn't appear they are the best in the East (Boston probably is), but it was understandable. A team with Brad Richards, Marian Gaborik, and Rick Nash fronting its offense should be pretty friggen lethal. Captain America isn't too shabby, either.

Makes sense. I should add that my question wasn't of the "this team is terrible (insert whining and complaining)" variety. It was a mostly serious question.

The Rangers team that played the third period looked every bit the part of a contender. The Rangers team that played the first two periods was all over the place - it was comical at times. It just seems to me that they have some issues to address on defense. They get careless. Then again, it was their 11th game, they had no preseason to speak of, and as the Admiral said earlier, maybe they haven't gelled yet.

"King Hank" was awesome tonight. He saved their asses in the first two periods. Also, it's too bad Nash and Hagelin can't play the Lightning every day. All of their goals so far have been scored against the Lightning.

Anyway, for some reason, I love beating Tampa Bay. Might have something to do with a podcast I'm a part of. :hockeysmiley:

I guess it's all finally catching up to the Beej faithful, eh? :P

Be nice. B)

BB52Big.jpg

There is something very screwed up about how the Devils let marquee players leave their team seemingly every off-season, and they don't skip a beat when play resumes.

Zach Parise walks? David Clarkson has nine goals this season. Now, David Clarkson is a pretty good player, but on what planet is he this good a goal scorer? Lou Lamoriello is a helluva master craftsman, that's for damn sure.

spacer.png

Somebody has to stop this Blackhawk train. Flames were 2 seconds away, not that it would have stopped them, it sure would be nice knowing that they'd have 1 regulation loss though.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

As said upthread, it wouldn't have been surprising to see them finish 0-0-48 this season.

Hell, they were only three shots short of equaling their totals from regulation and the shootout against the Kings two weeks back (11 to 8).

the worst helmets design to me is the Jacksonville jaguars hamlets from 1995 to 2012 because you can't see the logo vary wall

They'd take more shots if they had anyone who could shoot. Martin Erat sucks, Craig Smith sucks, everyone else sucks, and Shea Weber still can't believe the Predators took him up on that crazy dare and seems to have his head in another zip code. The Predators just suck.

In a related story,

BCye7hMCEAAErUz.jpg

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

In a related story,

BCye7hMCEAAErUz.jpg

YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG!

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

I was just looking at the standings, and I have absolutely no idea how Nashville is 6th in the West right now. Wow.

For as terrible as the Wings started, they've hit their stride these past few games -- nice to see. Brunner has been a godsend for this offense. Howard was a beast today, too. Stopped 45 of 47. Also, Dan Cleary still can't skate.

I was just looking at the standings, and I have absolutely no idea how Nashville is 6th in the West right now. Wow.

For as terrible as the Wings started, they've hit their stride these past few games -- nice to see. Brunner has been a godsend for this offense. Howard was a beast today, too. Stopped 45 of 47. Also, Dan Cleary still can't skate.

The standings are so wonky. The Preds don't 'suck' they just don't have an identity anymore and Trotz hasn't adjusted his coaching style. Rinne was crappy to start the season and the goals weren't (still aren't) there. Hell, if Sergei Kostitsyn would actually shoot on the golden chances he has had, he could easily have 8,9,10 goals right now.

Braves.jpg

BigMac's posts make me want to punch babies.

Hockey is weird and I love it.

There is something very screwed up about how the Devils let marquee players leave their team seemingly every off-season, and they don't skip a beat when play resumes.

Zach Parise walks? David Clarkson has nine goals this season. Now, David Clarkson is a pretty good player, but on what planet is he this good a goal scorer? Lou Lamoriello is a helluva master craftsman, that's for damn sure.

In Lou we Trust

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Somebody took Nashville and replaced them with a goddamn soccer team because a draw ensures you score in the standings. They are this season's "Loserpoints 'R Us"

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Oh, yeah, the Bruins played more hockey today than the Sharks did. Lot of ugly games across the board today. I'm particularly concerned with the Oilers, a team built to score that never scores.

The Sharks have turned into that, only 10 goals in their last 6 games.

The Lightning and Sharks have kind of mirrored each other, in that regard.

Only averaging 1.66 goals in their last three games after their berserk start. SSS, you could say, but that number wasn't/isn't going to get much better playing Tuukka Rask and Henrik Lundqvist the next two nights. In Tampa's case, they weren't going to keep posting 5+ a game, and in San Jose's case, Patrick Marleau wasn't going to keep seeing every single shot of his finding the net.

Its just frustrating with the Sharks. The teams scoring went south after Valentines Day last year. (Including 7 goals in a 6 game stretch). It returned for a few games down the stretch, including a 5 spot in LA in the second to last game of the year. Of course, in the playoffs they put up 8 goals in the 5 game loss to the Blues, which the Kings then went out and matched that in 4 periods against STL. After exploding in the first 5 games this year, the Sharks reverted to the poor offense(the aforementioned 10 goals in 6 games). I mean we should be better; its not like the Sharks are the type of team that relies on its defense/goalie like say Nashville/Phoenix.(Getting shoutout 4 times in 7 games to Mike Smith sucks). Hopefully the tennis road trip does us well, starting tomorrow in a very winnable game in Columbus.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

Archived