The 2013 NHL Season Thread

charger77

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the final countries that made it to the olympics in 2014 (mens hockey) are Latvia, Austria, Slovenia. also does anyone know (heard) if USA hockey is going to have new jerseys in 2014.

I'd be very surprised if they don't. What better time for Nike to show off?

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

The Blue Jackets sure play some dumb hockey at times.

This is true.

I'm currently playing the Blue Jackets drinking game. The rules are whenever the Blue Jackets are playing you drink constantly.

Its amazing this team has any fans, if this team was good hockey will explode in Ohio

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Pajarvi scores short handed for Edmonton. Let's hope they can hold this lead because they have no business losing this game.

More like they have no business winning this game. Columbus is out shooting them damn near 3-1. If Columbus had anyone who could score this game would be 6-2. Your goalie is saving your asses.

BB52Big.jpg

Edmonton had no business winning that game. In the new ways to lose hockey games department there's the Columbus Blue Jackets.

- outshot Edmonton 40-14

- dominated the third period and had a power play with less than 5 minutes to go.

- gave up a bad shorthanded goal with 2:30 left

First they take Yakupov and then they steal that game. This team is cursed.

I'd suggest tanking if I had any confidence that the rug wouldn't be swept out from under us again. Actually, having never moved up in the draft lottery (essentially like losing 10 coin tosses in a row), I'd say there's better odds that we'll be picking lower than we should be. Again.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Pajarvi scores short handed for Edmonton. Let's hope they can hold this lead because they have no business losing this game.

YOUR TEAM WENT 28 :censored:ING MINUTES BETWEEN SHOTS ON GOAL. DON'T GIVE ME THE BULL :censored: THAT THEY HAD NO BUSINESS LOSING THE GAME. JUST BECAUSE IT'S "OMG LOLLL COLUMBUS" DOESN'T MEAN YOU SHOULD NEVER LOSE A GAME ESPECIALLY WHEN YOU'RE COMICALLY OUTPLAYED.

6fQjS3M.png

It's been a while since I last followed the NHL so I'm a little confused. Can someone explain to me what the Vegas oddsmakers saw in the Rangers to make this team one of the preseason favorites to win the Stanley Cup?

Star power up front, a solid D corps, depth all-around, and one of the best goalies in the world.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

It's been a while since I last followed the NHL so I'm a little confused. Can someone explain to me what the Vegas oddsmakers saw in the Rangers to make this team one of the preseason favorites to win the Stanley Cup?

Star power up front, a solid D corps, depth all-around, and one of the best goalies in the world.

Well that solid D corps needs to stop going on mini-vacations during games. Don't get me wrong, I don't think the Rangers are awful, they just seem wildly inconsistent. Especially on the defensive end. And I'm not talking game to game, I'm talking shift to shift. They're really careless at times. Lundqvist has saved their asses more times tonight that any goalie with a "solid D corps" should have to in a game - and we're at the 17 minute mark of the second period. Maybe it's the result of not having a full preseason but right now, this team has some issues. One minute they look great, the next they're standing around watching their goalie get pelted. That said, they are fun to watch. You never know what might happen next - one of the benefits of your favorite team having multiple personalities, I guess. B)

BB52Big.jpg

Top record in the Eastern Conference in 2011-12, and they added Rick Nash during the (extended) off-season. King Hank is still the best in the league, IMO. It doesn't appear they are the best in the East (Boston probably is), but it was understandable. A team with Brad Richards, Marian Gaborik, and Rick Nash fronting its offense should be pretty friggen lethal. Captain America isn't too shabby, either.

spacer.png

Hawks lead 2-0 at the second intermission and as per didtheblackhawksgeta*******.com, the clock reads 630 Days, 22 Hours, 45 Minutes. If they can't you-know-what this Predators team, they'll never get a you-know-what on anyone.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived