The 2013 NHL Season Thread

charger77

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wasn't Erskine the guy who was like a +50 on the 2010 Caps team that won 54 games, looked unstoppable, and then flamed out spectacularly against an underwhelming Habs team?

Man. I remember expecting a Capitals vs. Canucks Final that year. Oops.

No, you're thinking of the hockey pylon known as Jeff Schultz.

6 in a row for the Ducks. 13-2-1.

Yay for the Ducks FINALLY getting that good start they've been going on about for years.

Nay for taking almost every game into OT and giving away loser points.

Eh. 6 of 16 games into extra time. 5 of them into shootouts (two against Nashville). 4-1 in those shootouts (won in OT last night). It's not ideal no, but I wouldn't say almost every game. We're not the Nashida Panthators for gods sake.

Also, Cam Fowler came back from his "upper body *cough*concussion*cough* injury" last night and played very well. Nice to see him back in the lineup and back in the flow. Very good, and with Lovejoy's acquisition and great play this far, the Ducks much more solid on the back end. And with the Cam Fowler thing in mind, someone needs to get Jarret Stoll tonight.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Wasn't Erskine the guy who was like a +50 on the 2010 Caps team that won 54 games, looked unstoppable, and then flamed out spectacularly against an underwhelming Habs team?

Man. I remember expecting a Capitals vs. Canucks Final that year. Oops.

No, you're thinking of the hockey pylon known as Jeff Schultz.

Fair enough. I knew it was one of those forgettable D men.

spacer.png

Just spitballing, but wasn't the CBJ starting goaltender in '03-'04 Ron Tugnutt or Marc Denis?

That seems about right. And Denis had do be decent enough in '04 and '06, since the Lightning thought he could be the solution in '07, which ended up being an enormous mistake.

Marc Denis. That's who I was thinking of. Steve Mason was the guy in goal at a game I attended a couple years ago.

Mason was very good when he played for the London Knights, and he wasn't that bad during his first season withe the Beej. I have no idea what happened there.

Hell, he was a Vezina nominee. He made the collective hockey world think that Columbus was ready to rise from the depths of hockey hell and be a legitimate playoff team, but we all know how that turned out.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

RE: Steve Mason. Here's the thing, I had confused Steve Mason with Marc Denis. In other words, I was thinking that Mason had been with the Jackets since 2001 and must have outlived his usefulness. As I said before, I haven't followed the NHL since before the "lost season" lockout. I'm probably going to make quite a few mistakes like that one. Mason may be a fine goalie for all I know. I'm just happy that the "Beej" aren't trotting out an old guy in his 15th season like I thought they were. B)

Just to be sure, Adrian Aucoin is the same Adrian Aucoin that I saw play for the Syracuse Crunch back in the 90's, right? :hockeysmiley:

BB52Big.jpg

All roads lead to Dollar General.

They said it was a line change. So, I dunno. Wheel of Justice time again.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I thought leaving the bench was an automatic 10 gamer.

I suspect they are reconsidering that, since leaving the bench shouldn't be ten times as worse as some of those hits that earned Shanabans.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Just spitballing, but wasn't the CBJ starting goaltender in '03-'04 Ron Tugnutt or Marc Denis?

That seems about right. And Denis had do be decent enough in '04 and '06, since the Lightning thought he could be the solution in '07, which ended up being an enormous mistake.

Marc Denis. That's who I was thinking of. Steve Mason was the guy in goal at a game I attended a couple years ago.

Mason was very good when he played for the London Knights, and he wasn't that bad during his first season withe the Beej. I have no idea what happened there.

Detroit opened the book on how to beat him in the 2009 playoffs and he's been a headcase ever since. Though I've always supported the guy and think he's playing pretty decently at least this year so far all things being equal.

6fQjS3M.png

Archived