VH1 new logo

Gary

Looks like VH+1, and thus more like Van Halen with a special guest fifth member, but I'm so glad the old logo is gone, which represents VH1 as nothing but Hal Sparks and Michael Ian Black reminiscing about Pogs for eighteen hours a day.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

"VH1 calls the plus sign a "tagmark" and says it represents the brand's "high-energy sensibility where everything is 'more' — more fun, more bold, and more exciting."

...oooooook.

Seriously, do the heads of MTV and VH1 actually TRY to sound like Lindsey Naegle ?

jazzsig4

I HATE THIS TIMELINE

I know this is beating a dead horse here. But when are MTV and VH1 just going to rebrand the main channels anyways. To me, MTV should only be used on the sub channels MTV Tres and MTV Hits since Music is still the focus of those channels, and MTV and MTV 2 which basically just air all the reality shows should be something else, I don't know what. But I think because the brand has been so entrenched in modern lexicon it will never change. VH1 on the other hand should just relegate VH1 to VH1 Classic, because that channel is more what the original VH1 was intended to be MTV but for adults or something like that and rebrand VH1 entirely. Besides the Top 100 "Whatever" countdowns, music hasn't been a part of it. End dead horse beating. As far as the logo goes, huge upgrade in my opinion.

packchampionslfroh.png

I feel the exact opposite about this logo. I think it's a huge downgrade compared to the previous logo. As others have pointed out it looks more like VI+1. I'm not sure what this new logo is trying to get across.

"VH1 calls the plus sign a "tagmark" and says it represents the brand's "high-energy sensibility where everything is 'more' — more fun, more bold, and more exciting."

...oooooook.

Seriously, do the heads of MTV and VH1 actually TRY to sound like Lindsey Naegle ?

VH1 may claim to want to exude high energy, fun, boldness and excitement but the logo fails at executing these concepts. The former logo accomplished all of those points while this new logo accomplished none. The particular purple used is a very calming color; it does not say "high energy" or "fun" to me. Also, the text's font looks a bit plain, so it's not really "bold" or "exciting" either.

Also, the plus sign is not a tagmark at all. That's what pound signs (#) are for. If it were a tagmark, it'd only come after the "1" and not the whole logo...unless you only want people to talk about the "1" aspect of your network.

I know this is beating a dead horse here. But when are MTV and VH1 just going to rebrand the main channels anyways. To me, MTV should only be used on the sub channels MTV Tres and MTV Hits since Music is still the focus of those channels, and MTV and MTV 2 which basically just air all the reality shows should be something else, I don't know what. But I think because the brand has been so entrenched in modern lexicon it will never change. VH1 on the other hand should just relegate VH1 to VH1 Classic, because that channel is more what the original VH1 was intended to be MTV but for adults or something like that and rebrand VH1 entirely. Besides the Top 100 "Whatever" countdowns, music hasn't been a part of it. End dead horse beating. As far as the logo goes, huge upgrade in my opinion.

Agreed, but you also have to add TLC, History Channel, Discovery, and a few others which have turned into mostly reality crap channels.

"I did absolutely nothing and it was everything I thought it could be." -Peter Gibbons

RIP Demitra #38

Archived