2013 NCAA FOOTBALL THREAD

LETSGOBLUEBEATMSU

The Big Ten Network is awful. Also, wtf is J Leman?

A former Illinois linebacker who loves Jesus and America in no particular order and who urgently needs to be set upon by a pack of rabid wombats. Why do you ask?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry manziel played his ass off today. The defense sucked

Yeah, A&M gained 628 yards today. Anyone who blames the loss on Manziel is an idiot.

His two INT's certainly didn't help the cause, though.

21-point swing doesn't lie. Heck, the lost TD on the first interception was fatal in the end.

Sporting 'Bama sig until October 14th thanks to my big mouth and NEW.ERA

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

Manziel did play phenomenally. As did Mike Evans. But Manziel's two INTs were a 14-point swing. One in the end zone, one returned for a TD.

Of course, the A&M defense was still the bigger problem overall. They could have survived those two INTs if they could have come up with at least one more defensive stop.

A&M will be fine the rest of the way, though. They have to hope for Alabama to slip up (once to set up a three way West tie at best, or least likely twice for outright) for any SEC ambitions, but they can slip into a Sugar Bowl if they push on.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Really? Notre Dame vs. Purdue is Saturday Night Football? Why can't Ole Miss and Texas be on Saturday Night Football? This is such a waste of Brent Musburger and Kirk Herbstreit's time.

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

Really? Notre Dame vs. Purdue is Saturday Night Football? Why can't Ole Miss and Texas be on Saturday Night Football? This is such a waste of Brent Musburger and Kirk Herbstreit's time.

Because Texas sucks? Not that Purdue is better, but really?

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

Because Texas-Ole Miss is going to be an arena league tire fire?

EDIT Also because Longhorn Network called dibs I think.

---------------------------------------------------------------

*sees Florida International-Bethune Cookman score*

So, um, prior to today when was the last time an HBCU team beat a I-A team?

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

The Big Ten Network is awful. Also, wtf is J Leman?

A former Illinois linebacker who loves Jesus and America in no particular order and who urgently needs to be set upon by a pack of rabid wombats. Why do you ask?

"J" isn't a name. And he looks like a big dumb idiot.

If the Big Ten Network (sorry -- the BTN!!! --) is any guide, public schools shouldn't be able to broadcast games on pay-cable networks.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Central Florida 34. Penn State 31.

Ack and BIIIIIGGGGGG TEEEEEENNNNNNNN

Today, we are all otaku.

*sees Florida International-Bethune Cookman score*

So, um, prior to today when was the last time an HBCU team beat a I-A team?

I couldn't tell you, either, but--hey, this week, FIU; NEXT WEEK...FSU!!

(Ok, I really don't see Bethune-Cookman having an icicle's chance in hell of pulling that one off, but then FSU always has had a funky habit of playing down to supposed-to-be-scrub competition.)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So um, yeah...how 'bout that there Jameis Winston kid and them there Seminoles today? (Sorry, Dan. :P ) And how about all four RBs scoring TD's today? Who'd they think they were, Warrick Dunn/Dee Feaster/Rock Preston/Vannez Gooch circa '96 out there? (Not that I'd expect very many of y'all to remember that.) Whatever the case, through the first two games, this team has looked downright GOOD, doing exactly what a top-10 team is supposed to do to inferior competition: break two off in that a**. (Worth noting the 12-day layoff between the road opener and the home opener. Didn't see much rust in them at all--well, past the first quarter,anyway.) They have zero excuse not to do the same against B-CU next game, and if they handle business like they know they're supposed to, that'll bode really well for them going into the meat of their conference schedule. And...if they can somehow learn to put four complete quarters together in future games, this squad might just be downright frightening.

All that said...so far, so good. Now let's see if they can keep it up.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Remember when South Florida was the #2 team in the country? I think regardless of what transpired that halftime against Louisville South Florida would like to have the decision to fire Jim Leavitt back.

Today, we are all otaku.

Considering that man built that operation from the ground up...yeah, I'd say so.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

ALOT of Top 25 teams seemed to have come out "flat" today, I mean look at a few of these scores:

Stanford 34, Army 20

Louisville 27, Kentucky 13

Michigan 28, Akron 24

Plus, ND is currently losing by a touchdown to Purdue, and Northwestern is only winning by 4 points.

ALOT of Top 25 teams seemed to have come out "flat" today, I mean look at a few of these scores:

Stanford 34, Army 20

Michigan 28, Akron 24

Plus, ND is currently losing by a touchdown to Purdue, and Northwestern is only winning by 4 points.

I don't understand. I agree that Michigan was underwhelming, but the others were 14 point differentials, which is a pretty solid win.

Stanford 34, Army 20

Michigan 28, Akron 24

I don't understand. I agree that Michigan was underwhelming, but the others were 14 point differentials, which is a pretty solid win.

The #5 team in the nation could probably win by more than 2 touchdowns against Army, Kentucky lost to Western Kentucky, again these games should've been won in the 20-30 point range.

Stanford 34, Army 20

Michigan 28, Akron 24

Well, Louisville was supposed to beat UK by 3+ TDs and Stanford should have been annihilating Army by 4+ TD's.

Orlando%20Magic_zpsjn8kx3lf.png

Archived