• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Go Team Meteor.

Speaking of, I'll be at Silverbacks Park on Saturday night, supporting MNU.

Ha, I may be working Saturday night. If so, I'll be the tall kid yelling at fans to sign up for raffles and the sort.

Eagles/Heels/Dawgs/Falcons/Hawks

Plus I just bought one of these shirts, so I'm planning to wear it:

20130730-221913.jpg

If the Soccer Bowl is Cosmos-Silverbacks, do the rest of the supporter groups just hope an asteroid hits Silverbacks Park?

I can think of one group of supporters I'd volunteer for the crash site, and it's not Atlanta's...

This sounds like Story Time with Grandpa Gothamite. :D

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Since I live in Kissimmee I'd love that, haven't had a local MLS team to root for since the Mutiny died. While I am not much of an Orlando City fan as it is (Rowdies fan here, though they are at different levels to be fair), I could get behind them if/when they make the jump.

That would be awesome, I'd totally make the 4 hour trip when they play the Timbers. RCTID

Margaret.png
9JR5Pzv.png

It's a nice shirt, Mock.

I assure you it's far less good-looking when I wear it. :D

I note that you totally avoided Story Time with Grandpa Gothamite, though. :P

POTD 2013-08-22

Ah... your joke missed the mark. :P I seriously thought you had a beef with one of the NASL SGs... and we're pretty much harmless as these things go. *heh*

POTD 2013-08-22

I do have a minor beef with Ralph's Mob. They're wanna-be ultras, showing how really tuff they are by hurling profanity at the home fans around them. I heard it at Hofstra. Pretty nasty stuff, especially aimed at the women. Then some Cosmos fans swiped their banner and all of a sudden the outlaws were screeching for the cops.

It's no surprise that trouble seems to follow them wherever they go, and they're blaming everyone else - the opposing teams, security, the commissioner - for not saving them from themselves. They're somehow the victims in confrontations they provoked.

I give them credit for traveling - more of them than any other visiting fan group this year - but their behavior at the grounds was unacceptable.

Interesting. 20 or so games and I've never seen any ultra-ish behavior. A few chants that have a profanity or two yes, but nothing directed towards individuals. Makes me think the folks who travel with these types of groups are often the most likely to do that kind of crap. Too many people cross from ardent sports fan to jackwipe too easily.

If you want to see real wanna be ultra behavior, take in an Orlando game. Their group is a high proportion of people there for the wrong reasons. They're so bad they've caused me to sour on the whole Orlando to MLS craze they've got going on.

Other groups have had trouble in Atlanta as well. The LOLtras have made it known that they intend to be a hooligan-wanna-be group.

POTD 2013-08-22

Anyone that blurs their faces on most of their photos online is going to be trouble... or wanna-be trouble.

If I sense any of that crap out of the Brickyard Battalion I'm going to be sitting somewhere else real quick. I'm perfectly fine with (clean) verbal sparing and good natured antics, just the wanna-be euro bull crap is just dumb. I don't understand how rooting for your own team isn't enough.

I actually am selecting seats this weekend and I'm still not sure if I'm going to sit in the supporter's section or middle of the field. So far I've seen no signs of hooligan wanna be's in person so I'm leaning towards at least sitting there for season 1.

Interesting. 20 or so games and I've never seen any ultra-ish behavior. A few chants that have a profanity or two yes, but nothing directed towards individuals. Makes me think the folks who travel with these types of groups are often the most likely to do that kind of crap. Too many people cross from ardent sports fan to jackwipe too easily.

If you want to see real wanna be ultra behavior, take in an Orlando game. Their group is a high proportion of people there for the wrong reasons. They're so bad they've caused me to sour on the whole Orlando to MLS craze they've got going on.

Orlando sports fans in general are pretty scummy. If we get an MLS team I will support them, but with some trepidation.

niagaraq.png

Anyone that blurs their faces on most of their photos online is going to be trouble... or wanna-be trouble.

If I sense any of that crap out of the Brickyard Battalion I'm going to be sitting somewhere else real quick. I'm perfectly fine with (clean) verbal sparing and good natured antics, just the wanna-be euro bull crap is just dumb. I don't understand how rooting for your own team isn't enough.

I actually am selecting seats this weekend and I'm still not sure if I'm going to sit in the supporter's section or middle of the field. So far I've seen no signs of hooligan wanna be's in person so I'm leaning towards at least sitting there for season 1.

I've been entirely torn as to how I want to handle tickets for the Eleven for awhile now. On one end, I'd love to have season tickets in the BYB so I can go whenever I want and be a part of that but I'm also a college student who goes to school 2.5 hours away which is just ugh.

6fQjS3M.png

Archived