• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

JEFF BRADLEY (MLSsoccer.com senior writer): What do you have in the works as far as branding? Are we going to see Orlando City MLS merchandise in the near future?

PHIL RAWLINS (Owner & President, Orlando City SC): We're with Lotto right now and will play in Lotto uniforms again in '14 in USL PRO, but we've already had some introductory meetings with adidas. We've started to talk about our kits. We've got a logo redesign to do. The color purple will very much be ours. We plan on owning that. It's part of the uniqueness. We'll be ready.

http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/article/2013/10/23/jeff-bradley-orlando-city-president-phil-rawlins-talks-about-mls-expansion

I don't think that was the *only* reason, but was one of them. I bet they wanted a Dallas Cowboys-like opt-out deal.

I would love to know more about the process, as I think pulling out of the MLS bidding was a huge mistake from a team I support, about on par with their Belmont stadium plans.

Speaking of NASL, the league announced earlier today that the Soccer Bowl final will be broadcast on ESPN3 and ESPN Deportes.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded | Behance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

And Red Bull New York is going to win its first Supporter's Shield for the first time in their MetroStar/RedBull History, and a great day for RedBull company overall as Vettel also won the Driver's Title in F1.

qvxym9f.png
Many thanks to Discrimihater for making the sig.

They better - they're already feeling the pinch from the Cosmos, and with NYCFC starting in two years they could lose everything east of the Hudson River.

They got rid of the "No Cups" tagline which they desperately needed to do.

I know some people like to look at the Supporter Shield as bigger than the MLS Cup but for most people the MLS Cup is the the biggest trophy.

I also want to say that 2013 is The Year of New York when it comes to US Soccer. Cosmos enter the NASL and go to the Soccer Bowl. Red Bulls finally win a meaningful piece of silverware. NYCFC is announced and gets a huge WFAN deal.

2nn48xofg0hms8k326cqdmuis.gifUnited States (2016 - Pres)7204.gif144.gif

HEY GUYZ WHAT R U DOING THIS IS A SOCCER THREAD NOT A NEW YORK COSMOS THREAD STOP POLLUTING IT OMG!!!11 :grin:

On a serious note, now that Chicago is not going to the playoffs, I'll be rooting for Thierry Henry and the Red Bulls to win the championship. It'd be Henry's last "hoorah" as a professional soccer player, if you will.

25yzwqg.png

Yeah, it's been a good year so far for the Beautiful Game in my home town.

Will be better if the Cosmos can bring home another NASL title. If they do, reports are that they'll add all six stars to the shirts. They decided not to start with the five, wanted to wait until these new kids won their own.

Will be better if the Cosmos can bring home another NASL title. If they do, reports are that they'll add all six stars to the shirts. They decided not to start with the five, wanted to wait until these new kids won their own.

I hate that idea as I want these Cosmos to step out of the shadow of the old Cosmos a little bit and it is a bit tacky to add stars for a team that won championships in a different era (Tampa got hammered for that when they did it).

Though I do want the Cosmos to win the Soccer Bowl this year. Winning the Fall Season was nice just so they can get a piece of silverware in the trophy room but the real trophy is going to decided in Atlanta.

2nn48xofg0hms8k326cqdmuis.gifUnited States (2016 - Pres)7204.gif144.gif

HEY GUYZ WHAT R U DOING THIS IS A SOCCER THREAD NOT A NEW YORK COSMOS THREAD STOP POLLUTING IT OMG!!!11 :grin:

Well we're actually talking about this season, so it's all good. ;)

Seriously irks me that the Cosmos are one win away from playing half of the :censored:ing season and winning the title, though. Whatever. The more and more I see of the NASL, the poorer it seems to be run.

6fQjS3M.png

I hate that idea as I want these Cosmos to step out of the shadow of the old Cosmos a little bit and it is a bit tacky to add stars for a team that won championships in a different era (Tampa got hammered for that when they did it).

Right. These Cosmos are like the Browns; unaffiliated with the previous version, regardless of what they say.

Archived