eBay Jersey Sellers

sportstar1212

Saw a Canadiens jersey on there for a good price. Decided to look around at other jerseys to see if there were any glaring errors and found these Canucks gems:

http://www.ebay.com/...=item53ed087826

I read somewhere about them buying old stock, but being forced to have them customized in order to get them cheaper, and thus why nameplates are on those Canucks ones where we know they don't belong. I (thanks to charger77) have bought around 10-12 jerseys from them all of which have been legit.

For the most part if they are replica's (in general not just this seller) they are legit as most counterfeiters want to mimic the most high end products, that being the authentics. There are pictures of the Canadiens jerseys I bought from them in the thriftstore gems thread. They are all legit.

untitled-6.jpg

If they were fake they wouldn't have a 99.5% rating.

You really can't tell by the rating as to authenticity of products.

For me, you've got to trust your eyes and what you see and then actually read the negative and neutral feedback given—is it "wrong size," "I don't know how to use eBay," "slow shipping," or "fake jersey?"

6fQjS3M.png

Full Moon Jerseys is an obvious shill bidder and lots of those jerseys are poorly customized. If you get something for cheap enough and it looks OK you are going to leave positive feedback. In regards to shill bidding, you can tell from that sellers Limited Boxed NBA jerseys for sale that are constantly re-listed and immediately bid up then second chance offered to actual lower bidders.

There really aren't any large sellers left that can be trusted. I have purchased from Proleagueauthentics and was very happy but they are on the smaller side. Lakeshow2 was the best in the business for years but that seller was an authorized reseller for Mitchell and Ness seconds and many of their other Authentic jerseys had slight defects but were practically invisible. I only buy from small timers now and although it takes much more time sifting through obvious fakes, its well worth it.

This is where I (and probably others) could use a primer on how to spot the little details that give away what makes a fake, a fake.

Like, here's a totally random Mighty Ducks jersey. Now, in this case, there is a picture that gives away its location of manufacture (Korea), but many jersey listings do not do the same. Looking at a picture of that jersey from NHL uni database, the look checks out.

Turns out I need CCSLC more than I thought.

spacer.png

This is where I (and probably others) could use a primer on how to spot the little details that give away what makes a fake, a fake.

Like, here's a totally random Mighty Ducks jersey. Now, in this case, there is a picture that gives away its location of manufacture (Korea), but many jersey listings do not do the same. Looking at a picture of that jersey from NHL uni database, the look checks out.

Turns out I need CCSLC more than I thought.

Country of manufacter is too hard to figure out these days. With all the outsourcing and such it's hard to rememebr where EVERYTHING can be made.

That starter jersey is legit. Which is why countries arent important.

My preference is to buy pre 2002 jerseys. Fakes were not prevalent then if at all.

For hockey, no one faked a Starter, CCM, Nike or Pro Player jersey back then.

For Football, no one faked a starter, wilson, puma, russell, logo athletic, or old Nike jersey back then.

No one fakes a russell or rawlings jersey from the early 2000's and back.

In basketball if it's one of the brands mentioned above except nike your typically okay for a pre 2002 style. Champion is your only concern, and typically they only make fake Jordan Champion jerseys these days.

If your buying new, learn to spot the fonts for names, the lack of crispness in the rear number materials. Go for blanks over attributed jerseys, but be careful because blanks for baseball are being made now.

As far as full moon jerseys goes, they are a whole sale buyer / seller. They get alot of jerseys. But all of them are legit. Second rate sometimes, but legit. I would feel comfortable paying for their stuff if the price was right. Shill biddign on the boxed revo30 jerseys sucks, but the prices were still cheap even with that.

5cd0422806939bbe71c4668bc7e4fd92.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Archived