Change one thing.

sonny

I had a conversation the other day with a friend of mine who is not a uniform nut. Knowing i am, he asked me a very interesting question: what ONE thing would you change on every NFL uniform that would, in my opinion, improve it?

I wouldn't limit this to just NFL, but what if you could just change one aspect of a uniform to improve it, what would you do?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

End the era of white-vs-colour. As long as teams don't have similar looks or colours, it shouldn't be a problem. I'd love to see home and road jerseys be replaced with 'primary' and 'clash'.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

End the era of white-vs-colour. As long as teams don't have similar looks or colours, it shouldn't be a problem. I'd love to see home and road jerseys be replaced with 'primary' and 'clash'.

Agreed. I would love to see Ohio State wear their red tops in Michigan next year. It'd be a sweet looking game.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Agreed. I would love to see Ohio State wear their red tops in Michigan next year. It'd be a sweet looking game.

I would be in favor of color vs. color for rivalry games, like Ohio St.-Michigan and USC-UCLA. I wouldn't like to see it full-time, but it would be great for special occasions.

Easy.... manditory color contrast between pants and socks.

Wait... I just had a stroke of brilliance. I have to one up myself!

There should be a manditory color contrast between jerseys, pants, and socks (with maybe an exception made for white jerseys and pants). In one simple rule, this would elimanate BOTH the small-time high school looking monochrome uniforms, and the leotard pants/socks combos. Genius.

NFL: I'd get rid of all the stupid "modern" stripes that ruin otherwise good looking uniforms. Sorry Denver, Arizona, Minnesota, Atlanta, etc.

I like Denver's striping, but I agree with the other ones you listed.

Denver is probably the only team where the new Nike collar looks good. It perfectly compliments their "modern" jersey/pant stripe. I like it.

NFL: I'd get rid of all the stupid "modern" stripes that ruin otherwise good looking uniforms. Sorry Denver, Arizona, Minnesota, Atlanta, etc.

I like Denver's striping, but I agree with the other ones you listed.

Denver is probably the only team where the new Nike collar looks good. It perfectly compliments their "modern" jersey/pant stripe. I like it.

As the season has gone on I've realized there are a couple teams I don't hate the nike collar on. The Broncos are one, but also the bengals and the vikings don't bug me near as much as all of the other teams. Also as the year has gone on the Texans giant collar grew on me to the point where I wish more teams had gone that route.

One thing I'd change on an NFL uniform? the triple stripe on the 49er uniforms. It just seems lazy at this point not to have it when we've seen uniforms include a design that size there.

I'd love to see soccer-style color-vs-color rules in every sport, but barring that, I'd at least make the NHL white at home.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Archived