Logolympiad: Event 14

At last, the final event is here! It's an easy one... or is it?

Event 14 - Color set

CRITERIA

- chose a current uniform and logo from any team* in the CFL, NFL, NHL, NBA or MLB and apply a new color set to it.

- You may not re-use any color from the team?s current set, other than white.

- Include a color key in your posted image.

- You will be judged on your color selection and application of it, not on the team's logo and uni.

*The following teams are excluded ? Buffalo Sabres, Denver Nuggets, Memphis Grizzlies, and any team with a color as part of their name.

DEADLINE: Thursday, June 17th, 5:00 PM EDT

Have at it, kiddies. Try to stay inside the lines....

facebook.png twitter.pngblogger.pngflickr-1.jpg

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

just for clarification... and maybe in the interest of fairness as well... should it be only the logo and uniform... or say in my case I could whip off an entire package (logos, uniforms, and field template) quite easily while someone may not... or is it fair game...

GDB... Brothers from other Mothers

www.pifflespodcast.com

Is a color considered part of the scheme if it's used on an alt or 3rd jersey, even if it's not included in the logo or regular home/away uniforms? Example, Dallas Stars are Black, Green and Gold, but the Mooterus jersey has red in it. Would red be allowed for this project?

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

New Chicago Cubs color scheme. Obviously bears are not red, white, blue and gray as the Cubs current color scheme would suggest. So, if they were ever to change their colors I believe it should be something tying them in with the true color of bear cubs.

newcubs.jpg

CGP.gif

- You will be judged on your color selection and application of it, not on the team's logo and uni.

... I WOULD HOPE that this is how people will judge...

I sometimes second guess some people's judgement, I would love to see an "anonymous" vote once, where projects are e-mailed secretly and posted anonymously to see if the designer's reputation plays a role in the voting process.

Obviously on a full fledge logo rendering project, it may be easier to recognize certain styles (without naming names... certain illustrators have a unique style), but in a simple design contest like this one, we may get some surprises...

just a thought...

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

I had another thought about this, and it relates to Frenchie's comment.

It was already announced that teams with colors in their names are ineligible (is Toronto the Jays or BlueJays?). But should the final judging also take in consideration the literal translation of the design? Example, someone does the Baltimore Orioles in blue and green. It might make a cool concept, but orioles in nature are supposed to be black and orange. Another example would be the Texas Rangers. If that concept was purple and yellow, it wouldn't reflect the colors of the Texas flag that the original logo is based upon.

This isn't meant to complain about anything....there have been plenty of awesome designs in this series of contests, and I haven't had any problem with the way things have been run (the fake vote thing aside). I am curious to see if anyone else would take examples of changes like this into consideration when casting the votes.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!!! I've been working feverishly all afternoon on my entry and my computer crashed!!! And stupid me didn't save any of it. GRRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAGGGGH!!!!

piratesSig.gif

OWNER -- Pittsburgh Spiders (UL) * Dynamo Missouri (PLA) * Montreal Maroons (SHL)

I had another thought about this, and it relates to Frenchie's comment.

It was already announced that teams with colors in their names are ineligible (is Toronto the Jays or BlueJays?). But should the final judging also take in consideration the literal translation of the design? Example, someone does the Baltimore Orioles in blue and green. It might make a cool concept, but orioles in nature are supposed to be black and orange. Another example would be the Texas Rangers. If that concept was purple and yellow, it wouldn't reflect the colors of the Texas flag that the original logo is based upon.

This isn't meant to complain about anything....there have been plenty of awesome designs in this series of contests, and I haven't had any problem with the way things have been run (the fake vote thing aside). I am curious to see if anyone else would take examples of changes like this into consideration when casting the votes.

I think you've actually put the finger on the "Secret to Success" in this contest: Find the proper subject... It is not as easy as it seems, sure replacing will be easy, but FINDING THE PROPER CONCEPT will be where it's won.

I'm pretty sure I found a perfect example of a team I have never understood the relationship between colours and names...

I think this is the most interesting contest so far...

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

I've got my colors set, but let me make sure I'm understanding the rest of the project right. we are just recoloring the current logos and unis, right? The only new thing is the colors.

Ok my entry is in the realm of "Duh". I decided to be the ass who did the Toronto Maple Leafs (Leaves) in Red and White. I feel this meets the standards of the contest and is a logical choice of colors for them. I did not put a color key because there is only one color RED, White really isn't a color.....at least not in the rules on this one.

toronto.gif

toronto2.gif

toronto3.gif

It's funny...Canada's Maple Leaf flag is very red, as red as your design Streeter...

but a maple tree leaf is much darker, somewhere between burgundy and brown

Your concept seems very bright, even though it's just red as you said.

just a rambling comment I guess, no particular point

oops, meds wearing off :wacko::therock:<_<

Ok my entry is in the realm of "Duh". I decided to be the ass who did the Toronto Maple Leafs (Leaves) in Red and White. I feel this meets the standards of the contest and is a logical choice of colors for them. I did not put a color key because there is only one color RED, White really isn't a color.....at least not in the rules on this one.

toronto.gif

toronto2.gif

toronto3.gif

Don't worry... somebody had to do it. The thought certainly ran through my head

IUe6Hvh.png

Archived