Logolympiad: Event 14

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

prettyyankees.gif

This is what Constanza wanted the Yankees to wear.

[i'm sorry, I just couldn't resist saying that!]

"I better go take a long walk off a short pier or something."

Some people on this bolard have told me to do just that.

My "Ron Mexico" alias is "Jon Tobago".

For me, I was going with the North Carolina theme for the Canes. I might change it up though.

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

Here's my entry, and I think the reason behind the color scheme is farily obvious...

dalstars.gif

but for the slow learners, it's the colors of the Texas state flag, red, white and blue

special thanks to joel_fiasco for the original file

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

"And they are made out of 100% cotton."

Saw that coming down Broadway with all horns blaring, doors wide open.

Alright, here's my entry! I went futzing around with a ton of color choices, and I wanted something unique to the league, while still embodying the whole "pirate" feel, thus I chose a maroon and orange set for them Here are the links:

Pittsburgh Pirates Logo Package

Pittsburgh Pirates Home Uniform

Pittsburgh Pirates Road Uniform

Pittsburgh Pirates Alternate Uniform

EDIT (6/13): I've updated the colors a bit to make the "brown" look more maroon. Think Virginia Tech colors. That's basically what I'm going for here.

Alright, here's my entry! I went futzing around with a ton of color choices, and I wanted something unique to the league, while still embodying the whole "pirate" feel, thus I chose a maroon and orange set for them Here are the links:

Well Nitro certainly is back with a bang. This is very good work my man, good color choice. Love all the logo's you included.

(P.S. when can we expect a new site from you?)

A Pittsburgh team in Browns colors... are you nuts?

That's not a criticism of your work though... A+ as usual.

snappers_sig.gif

Dubya's thoughts on "terrorist" nations: "They never stop thinking of new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."

EdmGrn.gif

The Edmonton Oilers do not any longer use orange. As of for the significance of te colors: there is none.

Oh sure--I was working on an Oiler jersey in Eskimo colours (or rather claening up one I did before)--that's very close to this...still I may post it anyway...

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

A Pittsburgh team in Browns colors... are you nuts?

That's not a criticism of your work though... A+ as usual.

Well, I can see how the maroon color could be misconstrued as full-on brown, though it's not intended to be such. I really meant for it to be a dark red. Maybe I should tweak it a bit to make it less brown.

Oh, and Steve-O, I don't know when my site will be up. It may be a few weeks. I'm deciding what all I want to put on it. But, it will be sometime soon... hopefully. :)

EDIT: Tweaks have been made. Links are updated up top. Might have to refresh if they still look the same.

Looks more like Frankford High School here in Philadelphia to me. Ditto jkrdevil.

Here's my entree for the Pittsburgh Penguins. I decided to go away from the colors of the penguin (black/white/yellow) and go with a more "icey" feel to it. Seems like everyone's been using the same scheme of silver and blue... but whatever. This one though may be changed (either the whole team or just the colors... not sure).

PenguinsColorChange.gif

"The true New Yorker secretly believes that anyone living anywhere else has got to be, in some sense, kidding."

Here's my entree for the Pittsburgh Penguins. I decided to go away from the colors of the penguin (black/white/yellow) and go with a more "icey" feel to it. Seems like everyone's been using the same scheme of silver and blue... but whatever. This one though may be changed (either the whole team or just the colors... not sure).

PenguinsColorChange.gif

Great Job...

Interstingly, I had went the similar road a few weeks ago after a discussion with friends about relocations of teams, and cities who should have an NHL tema (such as Quebec City)...

Penguins-Quebec.gif

This is NOT MY ENTRY...

Great minds think alike.... I've always prefered the old Pens (navy and ice blue)

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

My entry:

The LSU Tigers are commonly referred to as the "Bayou Bengals", so I found it fitting. I'm glad that no one else posted this before I had a chance.

I went with the old uniforms due to ease - also threw in the new "B" logo for the heck of it, even though its not used on the old uniform in any way.

lsubengals.gif

Archived