Pro Teams' "Entrance Music"

illwauk

When I interned with the WIzards, they came out to "In the Air Tonight" by Phil Collins. I like the song just fine, but middle-aged dad pop didn't seem right for an NBA team.

Many NFL teams (including the Falcons) and some colleges (including Georgia) play this song during pre-game warm-ups. I frequently hear it in the background when I'm listening to my team's pre-game radio shows.

Is anyone using "Fire on High" by the Electric Light Orchestra? I always thought that was a good sports-y instrumental from about 2:00 on:

The Thrashers played "Fire on High" shortly before the Thrashers and opponents came onto the ice. I believe the song was being played when the officials of the game and the injuries/scratches were announced.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Jacksonville Sharks come out to and do player introductions to "If You Want Blood, You've Got It" by AC/DC ... which I think is used far less than other AC/DC songs and fits the team theme pretty well.

The Gators come out to the Jaws theme music with a custom "Nobody Gets Out Alive" commentary attached. I know back when Mr. Two-Bits was still working games, his led the stadium in a cheer before the intro.

And I believe if I remember right the Jaguars come out to Thunderstruck or at least used to. Haven't been to a home game in a couple years now. Which is definitely one of the more overused songs in sports stadiums in my opinion. You are also guaranteed to hear Sweet Home Alabama at least once while at Everbank.

fP8H4Wf.jpg

Ever since I've been going to Yankee games frequently for the past seven years or so, they've used "The Imperial March" when announcing the opposing teams lineup which then merged into the normal "Star Wars Theme" when announcing their own. I heard this so many times that I actually associated those two songs with the Yankees now. Then up until around 2009 or so I'd say, they played "Heart of a Champion" by Nelly before they took the field, which was really not a good song but somehow always got me pumped. Then for the past few years, they've been playing "My Time" by Fabolous, which I favored a lot more. Other than that, there's the obvious "New York, New York" at the end of every game. Used to be Sinatra when they won, Liza Minnelli(?) when they lost. Now it's always Sinatra though.

As for the Knicks, I haven't been to a game in about two years, but I always here the instrumental version of "Seven Nation Army" (great song) playing before tip-off followed by just Fergie's voice at the beginning of "Let's Get it Started" by the Black Eyed Peas.

When I went to my first Cowboys game in Dallas this year, they played "300 Violin Orchestra" by Jorge Quintero, which may actually be my favorite pump-up song of all time.

Archived