Rite of Spring 2013 (NHL Playoffs): "You have no fear of the underdog, that's why you will not survive."

CS85

Duck fans prove their patheticness. When their team needs them in a game 7, they stay home to watch the game. Complete patheticness from the most pathetic fanbase in the NHL. The Ducks fans had an opportunity to carry their team to the next level and they couldn't even bother to show up. Simply pathetic!

I honestly find you very pathetic. If the Wings were playing the Kings, there would be an awful lot of Wings fans at Staples, it's happened before.

You're the epitome of the average Kings fan. An idiotic, annoying piece of :censored:.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Detroit is so annoying.

The Red Wings half-assed it for most of this season. And they're in the 2nd round.

I guess waiting until game 45 to turn it on paid off. They didn't kill themselves in the first half after last year's 2nd half fade.

A top-heavy team beat one of hockey's deepest teams. Jimmy Howard and essentially 3 and a half forwards basically willed Detroit's weakest in eons.

This year's team is particuarly odd- they basically didn't turn it on until April, but they get away with it because 3 players- Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Howard- gave a crap. And I LOATHE Datsyuk- hate his guts.

Detroit is the most annoying team in hockey- I wasn't rooting for the Ducks as I rooted against the soulless evil empire from Hockeytown.

Better than playing zero halves of the season, right Sabres?

Go home, you're drunk.

I'm baffled by the Detroit-Ducks game. Is it an Anaheim home game, because I've seen two goals scored by Detroit and the building

exploded in excitement. Where are the Ducks fans? Seriously Duck fans, you can't even show up for game 7 at home? If the Ducks lose, this loss is 100% on Duck fans and their lack of

showing up and supporting their own team. This is something that Duck fans can control, buy the friggin' tickets.

I'll be the first to admit that my hockey knowledge is limited, but even I know that's a bunch of horse- :censored:.

Similar to Phoenix, Orange County is home to a high number of Midwestern transplants, so it would make sense for there to be a high number of Wing fans.

Midwest transplants also set up shop in the South Bay part of LA County (Manhattan Beach, Torrance, Redondo Beach), where some of the most loyal hockey purists in the entire Southland live. Not to mention it's home to the vicinities of some of the Kings players, and one Kobe Bryant.

Dear God this city is huge.

Kobe Bryant lives in Orange County.

Back from that... game, I'd guess you'd call it. Here's my post mortem:

-----

This was a series the Ducks should have won, but they didn't. They let Detroit hang around. They couldn't win any of the other three OT games. In the end, it came back to bite them. Detroit took advantage, and in the biggest game of the Ducks' season, they played the biggest dud.

Couldn't hit passes. Couldn't win faceoffs. Francois Beauchemin's complete and utter stupidity handing Detroit the lead. And Corey Perry, just... my god. I can't even explain how the hell he never scored in this series. Beyond not playing well, it didn't help that the bounces didn't really go their way. Everything was so easy for Detroit.

I was waiting all season for the other shoe to fall with this team. As fun as it was, I knew they weren't as good as their start. It was an exciting ride. It kept climbing. It went to the pinnacle of that Ducks/Hawks game in Anaheim. The two best teams in the league playing the best game in the league so far that season, and the Ducks came out on top and I was ecstatic and dreams of a Ducks/Hawks West Final with the winning Ducks steamrolling an East opponent... and then it all went down from there. Losing 4 straight to Detroit and San Jose, and never regaining that early season form. I'll take that Pacific Division banner, but I can't say I didn't half expect this, and if this was a full season, the Ducks end up lower than they finished and the Red Wings end up higher than they finished. Also, can we just cut Bryan Allen tomorrow? Or keep Souray on the bench for everything other than power plays. Those two are slower than :censored: and couldn't do what they were brought in to do (be physical and clear the front of the net. Dan Cleary made a seat cushion out of Jonas Hiller.)

And Teemu... God, I hope this wasn't the end. Although, I feel that it probably is the end, and not every great player gets to leave when they want or on top. I spent the entirety of the 3rd period watching Teemu whenever he got on the ice... #TeemuForever

------

I'd like some input from Ducks fans as to how so many Wings fans were able to snag tickets to tonight's game.

I'm baffled by the Detroit-Ducks game. Is it an Anaheim home game, because I've seen two goals scored by Detroit and the building exploded in excitement. Where are the Ducks fans? Seriously Duck fans, you can't even show up for game 7 at home? If the Ducks lose, this loss is 100% on Duck fans and their lack of showing up and supporting their own team. This is something that Duck fans can control, buy the friggin' tickets.

Will the two of you shut up? And oddball especially, will you just shut the :censored: up? A Red Wing fan answered your stupid accusations.

EDIT: Also, pretty sure anyone can buy tickets to a game, regardless of fandom. Ever think of the fact that maybe Detroit fans in the area jumped on the tickets when they came available? Clearly all Anaheim's fault ;)

There are a ton of Red Wings fans in SoCal. When the Wings come into town, they buy tickets. It's not like there's specific Ducks/Red Wings only ticket buying sites. They don't ask for your fan credential ID number when you buy tickets. Hell, I know several Ducks and Kings season ticket holders that are the now patented "I'll root for the Ducks/Kings whenever they aren't playing the Red Wings" season ticket holders. And with the Red Wings fans, they are likely to pay higher prices for tickets when the Wings come in. So unfortunately, there are a good amount that sell their tickets so they can make some money off of them.

And oddball, don't act like whenever the Red Wings come into town that they don't fill up Staples Center either. They're in LA, Anaheim, San Jose, Phoenix, Dallas, Colorado, Nashville, etc. This isn't an Anaheim specific problem. It's a Southwest NHL problem vs Northeast/Midwest/legacy franchise/transplant fans.

And really they were only at the "Red Wings shoot twice" end of the rink. There were a lot, but they were mostly on that side of the rink. And when the game was close or the Ducks fans needed to get into it, they got into it and drowned out the Red Wings noise.

-----

Go Blackhawks. Go Rangers. Go Maple Leafs. (...when I feel up to watching hockey again.)

----

Oh, and :censored: Jimmy Howard. What a flopping PAB. "OHEZ NOEZ. MY KNET IZ OOF ITZ MOORINGZ" Shut up.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

I had a feeling the Ducks would lose this one. Underperfomance from the big guns plus the bad habit of giving away a lead all season long coming back to bite them in the arse... I knew that was gonna happen. I haven't watched the highlights yet and I'm not sure if I want to.

If there's any positive we can take out of this, the Ducks pretty much have all the right pieces in place as far as offence and goaltending goes. Part of me wonders if the likes of Selanne, Koivu, Perry and Ryan were just too worn out by the time this series came about because of the tight schedule. I'd like to think that with a couple of tweaks to the lineup we have now, the Ducks have the potential to go a lot further next season. But, we'll see.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

As I was saying to a fellow friend of mine who is a Ducks fan along with I, they were absolutely pathetic out there. From the messy lines to the lack of defense in front of Hiller, to our top guys just underperforming, it was downright embarrassing. Anaheim has the potential to do great things in the future, but when the guys you're counting on to win the game can't even build momentum there is a big issue there.

NYCFC - MLS CUP CHAMPIONS - 2021

Oh, and :censored: Jimmy Howard. What a flopping PAB. "OHEZ NOEZ. MY KNET IZ OOF ITZ MOORINGZ" Shut up.

One thing I've noticed about Howard that seems to be happening a lot more (especially in this series) is the flopping. He has got to knock that :censored: off. He did it a couple times tonight, like on that cross check that was called on Teemu.

I guess it's too much ask for a playoff with no Red Wings. YOU HAD ONE JOB, DALLAS! Now we have to put up with a top-heavy team that basically lives and die by 3 players.

When you're consistently good, you kinda make the playoffs consistently. No conspiracy here. Sorry, champ. Show me a team that doesn't die when their top 3 players aren't producing...

Go Blackhawks.

ICmKT.gif

------

Blackhawks/Red Wings = (1m 40s mark specifically)

Duck fans = Aragorn

Blackhawks fans = Théoden

Red Wings fans = orcs & the like

Gimli = NBC ratings monitor

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I'll be rooting for the Leafs tonight, even if only to shut up one of the guys on local sports radio. Since before the playoffs even started, whenever the Boston-Toronto series was mentioned, he just say that the Leafs had NO CHANCE because they had bad puck possession numbers and Boston had some of the best. It didn't go any deeper than that... just puck possession. I only listen for 10-15 minutes a day on my way into work, but it felt like every single day I'd hear how the Leafs had NO CHANCE. I enjoy some good analytics and all, but there's a reason they still play the games...

Selfishly, I'm glad I didn't miss anything major. My eyes were :censored: ing killing me, and I couldn't finish the last seven or so minutes of the game.

Anyway, I'm really disappointed that we miss out (again) on an Orange County playoff series, once again because one of the teams couldn't cash in on a couple of chances they had to win. Detroit was slaughtered by Chicago this season, and I really kinda expect more of the same. It's a great rivalry, and in the sense of bringing closure to it by meeting one more time, it's not a bad thing. But, in regards to 2013, it's a mismatch. Just depends on whether you like the nostalgia and tradition or the contemporary improvement in the matchup. Take your pick, really.

Anaheim had an excellent season, but it has to be a stick in the craw that this is now the second straight playoff appearance where they ducked out in the first round despite being the higher seeded team. And, :censored: , losing a Game 7 on home ice? That's probably the one thing that Bruce Boudreau coached teams are better at doing than anything. 1-4 in Game 7's, all at home. Guess you gotta know the danger you're getting into with that guy.

Another thing - if we want to jump on Detroit for half-assing it this season, then I don't want to see any non-Caps (well, I guess Flyers, Isles, Devils, and Penguins fans also excepted) rooting for the Caps tomorrow night. I don't really think Detroit half-assed it as much as they weren't as good as they usually are this year. Washington? They redefined half-assing it this season. I know it won't happen, because the Rangers offense is :censored: ing pathetic, but I hope they rout the Capitals tomorrow night.

--

7) Detroit vs. 1) Chicago --> Blackhawks in 5

6) San Jose vs. 5) Los Angeles --> Kings in 6

So at least we're still on track for a Kings/Blackhawks series. I'm really looking forward to that.

spacer.png

Detroit was slaughtered by Chicago this season, and I really kinda expect more of the same.

False: the Hawks won one game in overtime, two in the shootout, and just that last one was a blowout. They didn't lose any, but they only regulation-overtime-won two of the four. I expect the Wings to give it their best, but the Hawks have them beat in rest and depth.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I'm very frustrated with the Ducks right now. They should've won that series in 5 games and now the stupid Red Wings are moving on. I'm confident that the Blackhawks will dispose of them, but still, I'd rather they not move on and I really wanted to see a Kings-Ducks series.

As for the number of Red Wings fans in Anaheim last night, that's not the fault of Ducks fans. There are Red Wings fans everywhere and it's attributable to a few factors - 1. They've been good forever. This attracts the weasel bandwagoners and people with any connection to the city of Detroit, loose as it may be (example: "My dad used to make business calls to Detroit and he always brought me back Red Wings stuff" "where'd you grow up?" "Columbus" - actual exchange I had. F*** that person) and 2. Detroit has had a large population exodus in the last two to three decades so there actually are Detroit natives living all around the country.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Detroit's best chance at winning games in this series might just be at the United Center.

Chicago has won nine of ten in Detroit since 2009-10. That one loss was an overtime loss.

I'm very frustrated with the Ducks right now. They should've won that series in 5 games and now the stupid Red Wings are moving on. I'm confident that the Blackhawks will dispose of them, but still, I'd rather they not move on and I really wanted to see a Kings-Ducks series.

Just curious - those two years when the Penguins and Red Wings met in the Final...

did you, like, just want to kill yourself or something?

spacer.png

Just curious - those two years when the Penguins and Red Wings met in the Final...

did you, like, just want to kill yourself or something?

Those were dark times. In the two finals they played a total 13 games. I think I watched 3 of them and I watched neither of the cup clinching games. I just didn't care to watch two sports-success rich cities get fatter. I'd watched every cup finals game from about 95 up until then and I've watched every finals game since so it just kinda sucked that I had to take two years off from one of my personal traditions.

I guess the two teams splitting is the best case scenario for a nightmare situation, but in 2009 I was rooting for Detroit because I lived with a penguins "fan". He was from Pittsburgh, but knew less about the Penguins than I did, watched none of the playoffs until the finals and even then didn't know when the games were or who was winning in the series. That roommate may have been the most maddening thing about those finals. That kid was gifted everything I've ever wanted to see as a fan and he didn't appreciate it at all.

PvO6ZWJ.png

I second the Go Leafs Go. As for the other series wrapping up, god I don't care. I actively dislike the Caps for dogging it until the end of the year, but I actively dislike the Rangers for dogging it for two whole years. I hope Toronto beats Boston and then either one, really, and then the one after that. Blackhawks-Maple Leafs Final would shake the earth.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived