Rite of Spring 2013 (NHL Playoffs): "You have no fear of the underdog, that's why you will not survive."

CS85

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Could I make a request that we get back to talking about hockey and not bickering about band-wagoners? moving on...

I'd be exited to watch the Bruins/Rangers game tonight, except I don't have TSN. Oh well, guess I'll have to rely on gamecentre notifications. Hoping for a Blueshirts win.

DON'T TALK TO ME ABOUT HOCKEY

North Americans tend to support each other, right?

mhm...

Not that I don't but, I've seen games turn bad in that regard.

Raffi Torres got suspended. What a total shock.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

That does remind me though...

during the Winter Olympics, when the U.S. and Canada aren't playing each other, us North Americans tend to support each other, right?

I know I would never root against the Canadians.

Yar. I always side with the US if Canada isn't in it. If both teams are knocked out I cheer for anyone not who's not Russia (rivals), Belarus (their country's stuck in a pre-90s Soviet time warp), or the Czech Republic (yes, I'm still bitter about 1998 :P ).

My International Following Goes

1: Canada - Of course

2: Belarus - Family and personal history there.

3: Slovakia - More Family History

4: Sweden - I'm a sens fan, most of our best players are Swedes

5: USA - But of course...

Torres is out for the rest of the 2nd round.

I just wonder why it took so long to determine. I'm not a fan of Torres and fully expected a suspension of some sort and thought based on Torres reputation that he'd get a minimum of four games, not that, that length would have been justified, but knowing the DPS and Torres it seemed only fitting. But it will depend on the how far the Sharks go without Torres to determine the length (3-6).

I do think it was at best a borderline hit and definitely too high in a vulnerable spot, but the DPS views of the video are different than mine. But its done with and must move on. I actually like the possible line combos that TMac has listed for tonight's game.

Pavelski - Couture - Marleau

Galiardi - Thornton - Burns

Sheppard - Gomez - Wingels

Desjardins - Kennedy - Kearns

Irwin - Boyle

Vlasic - Braun

Hannan - Stuart

Niemi

Greiss

Scratches: Demers, Tennyson (Injuries: Havlat, Burish)

That does remind me though...

during the Winter Olympics, when the U.S. and Canada aren't playing each other, us North Americans tend to support each other, right?

I know I would never root against the Canadians.

Yar. I always side with the US if Canada isn't in it. If both teams are knocked out I cheer for anyone not who's not Russia (rivals), Belarus (their country's stuck in a pre-90s Soviet time warp), or the Czech Republic (yes, I'm still bitter about 1998 :P ).

I always cheer for the US just as hard as I do for Canada when they're not playing each other. I'll pull for the Swedes if Canada and the US are both out.

Half the defensemen for the Bruins in tonight's game are rookies. Dougie Hamilton, Matt Bartkowski, and Torey Krug. Going to be an interesting series.

Also, after the popularity of the "Queef the Leafs" shirts, peddlers are now selling "Tea Bag the Rags" shirts outside the Garden before games. Not sure whether to like them or not.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Half the defensemen for the Bruins in tonight's game are rookies. Dougie Hamilton, Matt Bartkowski, and Torey Krug. Going to be an interesting series.

Also, after the popularity of the "Queef the Leafs" shirts, peddlers are now selling "Tea Bag the Rags" shirts outside the Garden before games. Not sure whether to like them or not.

They seem to playing well. I would be fine with Hamilton and Bartkowski starting next year.

There hasn't been a lot of action so far in the first period. Both teams seem tentative.

Archived