Rite of Spring 2013 (NHL Playoffs): "You have no fear of the underdog, that's why you will not survive."

CS85

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I understand their joy, but that Ottawa goal horn is not to be sat on for like 45 seconds or whatever that was. Yeesh.

Sens goal horn went off for exactly 34 seconds. Entirely too long. Anderson was great. Ice was crappy. Sens played with more killer instinct. Entertaining game.

Indeed. I was like is there a game winning goal and a fire? Pittsburgh was off the ice and probably on the bus and the horn was still going off. (okay not really but ugh too long.)

So we've one series at 2-0, two series at 2-1 and one series at 1-1. Bracket updated. I missed most of the game including the Sens last minute flurry or Fleury if you prefer - even though Vokoun was minding the Pittsburgh net. But I think I did record it, may need to go watch that.

And Roenick has (1994?) on the brain "Detroit coming off 4-1 win in Chicago Stadium" JR where is your time machine? :)

Was the horn broken, by chance? That was really long.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

I had a rebuttal post all lined up. Jeez, nevermind.

It really does take forever. But there's a reason for that; all the "gaps" in the horn come at the beginning. The last 25 seconds are all one continuous sound. It's not like most other horns that can last just as long, but have gaps every 7-10 seconds.

spacer.png

To answer people's questions and concerns, yes, the Senators really do sound the horn that long after every overtime win.

DON'T TALK TO ME ABOUT HOCKEY

Just playoff overtimes, or regular-season ones, too? Because if they're blasting that thing for an hour after some fluky shootout win, :censored: that.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Not at all mad about last night. It was just a good, good hockey game. If Anderson isn't being unbelievable, the Pens would have taken that in OT multiple times. The only thing to really be mad about is that breakdown with only 28 seconds left, but even then it was a hell of a play by the Senators involved. Both goalies were spectacular, actually. Vokoun just might've earned himself the start for the rest of the playoffs barring something catastrophic. Being half a minute from being up 3-0 to losing in OT sucks, but we knew this was not going to be easy, and this is an experienced team and there's a two-day break. I'm confident they'll come into game four either bent on making up for it, or forgetting it altogether, but in the end there were a lot more things I was seeing from the Pens last night that I liked than ones I didn't. They are, and are playing, a completely different and better team than in the Islanders series.

Pittsburgh Arsenal - Elite Football League (NFL) - 2006  |  New Orleans JazzCats - Major League Hockey (AHL) - 2023

I always just figured they were recorded and someone just hit "Play"...

well here's how the jets do it, I'm not sure about every team

DON'T TALK TO ME ABOUT HOCKEY

In Nashville, the PA announcer, Paul has a switch that controls it so he can time his announcement welcoming the team to the ice just right:

Country music and hockey seems strange to me. I suppose it works for the preds but it just seem a bit jarring to see hockey played to country.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

This is what a meltdown in progress looks like.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Archived