Rite of Spring 2013 (NHL Playoffs): "You have no fear of the underdog, that's why you will not survive."

CS85

Seems like Pittsburgh bought themselves the Stanley Cup this year. I hate to say this, but I don't see anyone taking them down.

who buys a championship in a salary cap league

Okay, I should of said rented. They have an All-Star roster, every line has a 2nd line value at the very least, and a very good backup goalie just in case. Unlike other teams who flunked by attempting to roll on this method, this team seems to be very smart about everything they're doing.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You know that killed Torts.

Welp, he'll be a buyout. I'd definitely take him in Calgary at like 3 years, 9 million or so. Cap Space is nice!

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

I'm going to be a blinded dumbass here. Brad Richards simply hasn't performed at all this season, except for that one game against Buffalo. Marian Gaborik being a sieve didn't help him for the longest time, but with him gone, he has no more excuses, and he still hasn't been able to raise his game.

I'll sincerely hope this is a one season malaise and that he returns to form next season, wherever he is. It's never fun seeing a favourite player absolutely crash and burn.

spacer.png

Be sure to stay tuned for Toews' epic post-game meltdown interview. Fine should be in the 5-digit range.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Blackhawks are a shell. Bumslayers, all.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

The Red Wings were bums pretty much all year.

The blueprint on the Hawks has been out for years: just beat them up, because they won't fight back and can't score on their power play. Detroit is executing it well. Being able to clutch and grab without penalties has helped, too.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

The Red Wings were bums pretty much all year.

The blueprint on the Hawks has been out for years: just beat them up, because they won't fight back and can't score on their power play. Detroit is executing it well. Being able to clutch and grab without penalties has helped, too.

PvTGQUy.gif

[/irrational postgame meltdown]

---

Also Lee and I had an amusing exchange on twitter that I felt was worth posting. If you've ever played Magic The Gathering, you'll appreciate it.

LDtCTwr.jpg

twitter

So :censored: in' Tortsy. So :censored: in' awesome.

(Ok, I suppose obligatory NSFW warning, but the title should make that obvious enough).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJbR8mlhX6k

I've never seen him talk and NOT curse. I wouldn't be surprised if the voicemail message on his phone was:

"This is :censored:in' John Mother:censored:in' Tortorella. You :censored:in' leave me a message, and I'll call your :censored:tard ass back when I feel like giving a :censored:. Go :censored: yourself. BEEP!"

I'd love to see him be a special guest on Sesame Street. =)

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

Believe it or not, John isn't home.

Please leave a :censored: ing message at the beep.

I must be out, or I'd pick up the :censored: ing phone.

Where the :censored: could I be?

Believe it or not, I'm not :censored: ing home!

the worst helmets design to me is the Jacksonville jaguars hamlets from 1995 to 2012 because you can't see the logo vary wall

He's not really some loose cannon. He talks in the same low grumble as every NHL coach, he just uses obscenities to the press.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived