Rite of Spring 2013 (NHL Playoffs): "You have no fear of the underdog, that's why you will not survive."

CS85

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've watched maybe 10-15 minutes of this game and Pierre McGuire is annoying the :censored: out of me. I guess I've tuned him out most of the time because I don't remember him being this bad. "That's a penalty. There's a penalty. Yep that's a penalty. Cross checked into the back, yep that's a penalty" Seriously Pierre, what happen on the cross check? No, Pierre don't answer that, it was a rhetorical question.

Also, pertaining to an earlier post of mine, I just realized that both the Sharks and Kings are undefeated at home in the playoffs so far. So both the Sharks and Kings could be eliminated with their first home loss of the playoffs. Hope the Sharks can win Sunday and send it back to LA for a Game 7 on Tuesday. Go Sharks!!

Lucky Pierre broadcasts with the idea that he is only talking to Eddie Olczyk. I don't know if it's the producers telling him that everything he says has to be thrown back up to the main booth, but enough already with HEY EDZO

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I've watched maybe 10-15 minutes of this game and Pierre McGuire is annoying the :censored: out of me.

Enjoy America! e546104-2_zpsab5bd20c.png

In the words of Teal'c: Indeed. :alien:

Honestly, I've only been paying half attention to the game while I work on research for a screenplay. I've also muted the tv, so I'm good now. B)

Canada- another year with no Stanley Cup.

Canadian teams won 8 Cups in era of divisional playoff format from 1982-1993, including 7 in a row. New playoff format next year- no Cups in top 8 era from 1994-2013.

It's funny. Canadian fans throw their support behind the Canadian teams left in the playoffs, American fans accuse of being lemmings or digging our claws into the backs of other cities (remember that one?). Yet when the last Canadian team is knocked out we get to see this kind of thing.

If you don't want Canadians to flock to the last Canadian teams playing then don't go all AMERICA F YEAH LOL CANADA when a team made up of Canadians and eastern Europeans wins the Cup for an American city.

It's funny. Canadian fans throw their support behind the Canadian teams left in the playoffs, American fans accuse of being lemmings or digging our claws into the backs of other cities (remember that one?). Yet when the last Canadian team is knocked out we get to see this kind of thing.

If you don't want Canadians to flock to the last Canadian teams playing then don't go all AMERICA F YEAH LOL CANADA when a team made up of Canadians and eastern Europeans wins the Cup for an American city.

I don't think i ever had a problem with Canadians flocking behind another Canadian teams, because i do the same thing with American teams

(Except the Rangers... Rooted for Vancouver in '94. :censored: the Rags.)

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

when a team made up of Canadians and eastern Europeans wins the Cup for an American city.

You have a valid point, but to me, it is not about the origin of the players, rather the fan base of the team. I find great joy in seeing Canadian fans not winning the cup year after year. "It's OUR sport, Canada is the best for hockey..blah blah blah.." I understand that Canada is hockey's homeland, but there's a difference between being proud to be in the home of hockey, and being snooty/arrogant. That is all.

Braves.jpg

BigMac's posts make me want to punch babies.

Hockey is weird and I love it.

I don't think i ever had a problem with Canadians flocking behind another Canadian teams, because i do the same thing with American teams

(Except the Rangers... Rooted for Vancouver in '94. :censored: the Rags.)

Hehe. I'm BASSwagoning Kinger, no ill will meant towards the Devils faithful. I actually really admire the way that team's managed/been built up. I rooted for them last year actually. Wish we had that in Toronto.

Anyway I wasn't referring to you (though with your post I can see how you would think I was directing mine towards you) specifically.

I really don't get worked up if an american or a canadian team wins the cup. For me if the Isles are eliminated, then I find something else to watch. That and the I can't in good conscience get behind the Rangers, Penguins, Bruins or Devils. I also don't care one way or another about any of the other teams if they win or lose.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

Archived