2013 NHL Off-Season Thread

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Canucks resigned Tavev for 1 at $1.5. Probably part of their 'just one more year, it'll work this time' initiative.

They're basing it off of his NHL 13 potential rating.
Which is what? a 90?
Mid 80's I believe, but he's got 4 stars!!!!11!11!1!

3oog1j.jpg

He's been the 6/7th Dman for soooo long

Right, we played them in the 2007 Final. We weren't "Mighty" anymore.

That, along with it being Bobby Ryan's return to Anaheim, idk, it's just a weird choice. I know it's the 20th season all season, but still, the 2nd home game feels a little early for it.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULB | USMNT | USWNT | LAFC | OCSC | MAN UTD |

That, along with it being Bobby Ryan's return to Anaheim, idk, it's just a weird choice. I know it's the 20th season all season, but still, the 2nd home game feels a little early for it.

If it was up to me, I'd schedule it against a team that has the same uniforms now, as they did in '93 (unless Ottawa is willing to wear their '93 digs, but I doubt it). So a team like Edmonton or New Jersey would've been optimal, in my opinion.

.... I really hope they don't use the same uniform for this game and the Dodger Stadium game.

If it was up to me, I'd schedule it against a team that has the same uniforms now, as they did in '93 (unless Ottawa is willing to wear their '93 digs, but I doubt it). So a team like Edmonton or New Jersey would've been optimal, in my opinion.

.... I really hope they don't use the same uniform for this game and the Dodger Stadium game.

They won't. Why wouldn't they want to cash in twice?

I thought I read somewhere that someone talked to management at one of those open house things and they said there would be a separate jersey for the Dodger Stadium game and the Throwback Night.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULB | USMNT | USWNT | LAFC | OCSC | MAN UTD |

I hope they have a fauxback with "Ye Olde Duckes of Mightiness" written in cursive above a woodcut-style drawing of a mallard. It'll be Vintage White with Vintage Jade and also Vintage Eggplant. And the collar will be lace-up. And the armholes will be lace-up. Even the numbers will have laces. Then once it's been reduced to absurdity like this we can be done having stupid fauxbacks.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I hope they have a fauxback with "Ye Olde Duckes of Mightiness" written in cursive above a woodcut-style drawing of a mallard. It'll be Vintage White with Vintage Jade and also Vintage Eggplant. And the collar will be lace-up. And the armholes will be lace-up. Even the numbers will have laces. Then once it's been reduced to absurdity like this we can be done having stupid fauxbacks.

I'm still waiting for this fauxback

bank_of_montreal_hockey_team_montreal-bl

IbjBaeE.png

I hope Ottawa makes latex castings of Paul MacLean's mustache for the Heritage Classic, requiring all players on both teams to wear them as they run down the ice in their mukluks, swatting at frozen horse droppings with their branches.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

I hope Ottawa makes latex castings of Paul MacLean's mustache for the Heritage Classic, requiring all players on both teams to wear them as they run down the ice in their mukluks, swatting at frozen horse droppings with their branches.

If we take advantage of Eugene Melnyk's senilism at just the right time, it just might happen.

Archived