2013 NHL Off-Season Thread

Look, I get the "last days of the original Jets" nostalgia for Winnipeggers. But simply "it'd be cool for Winnipeg" isn't a good enough reason for Ducks fans for Teemu to finish out with Jets 2.0.

Edited for accuracy.

Last I saw, Teemu is a free agent. He doesn't owe anything to Ducks fans to play for Anaheim for the rest of his career. Ducks Nation may get butthurt, but it's not like Selanne is going to random team just to keep playing.....should he go to Winnipeg, he'd be playing at the only other city that loves the guy just as much as Anaheim does. And perhaps, Selanne would love to help Winnipeg establish themselves in the league and lead the Jets to the playoffs and retire on that note. He allows the Ducks to start "Life without Teemu" and gets to give back to the city that began his career.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One thing people are forgetting, is that Winnipeg is pretty crowded on the wing, so there's a good chance that the Jets aren't even interested. The Jets haven't been in any rumors about Teemu, Teemu hasn't really said anything about going to the Jets, the only people who are saying Selanne to Winnipeg are wishful fans.

Also, Winnipeg hasn't yet demonstrated competence at much outside of vacuuming up piles of money dropped at their doorstep by the townsfolk.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Why should they? They feel confident in the way their going, building through the draft, being good to the players they have. Why rush things?

They don't need Teemu, and Teemu won't sign there. It's Anaheim or no where.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Also, Winnipeg hasn't yet demonstrated competence at much outside of vacuuming up piles of money dropped at their doorstep by the townsfolk.

Dunno, getting Frolik and The Gooch (Thursdays at 9, this fall on NBC) for draft picks was reasonably savvy.

I'd say that if Frolik can play the left side, a third line of Frolik-Jokinnen-Selanne would be a pretty damned good one. This is dependent on Jokinnen returning to something resembling his non-Calgary form, of course, or at least having a marginally better season than he did last year.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Dunno, getting Frolik and The Gooch (Thursdays at 9, this fall on NBC)

Dammit, that made me laugh way more than it probably should've.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Why should they? They feel confident in the way their going, building through the draft, being good to the players they have. Why rush things?

They don't need Teemu, and Teemu won't sign there. It's Anaheim or no where.

Why does this sound vaguely familiar?

But then why do I also have the feeling that Selanne will pull a Chelios, play till his late 40's, a couple of seasons in the minors, and play several games with a bad team before retiring/getting injured.

Sidney Crosbey's filming a commercial in Anaheim. Here's what the ice at the Honda Center currently:

p7k2EX2.jpg

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Sidney Crosbey's filming a commercial in Anaheim. Here's what the ice at the Honda Center currently:

p7k2EX2.jpg

Wait what?

Yeah, the Ducks just put down and painted the ice last week. What the hell?

545213_10151685548693472_365754047_n.jpg

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Get 'em while they're hot!

http://shop.nhl.com/product/index.jsp?productId=17131586&socid=NHLFBGoalLight

It's music to all hockey fans' ears -- the blaring sound of a horn that can only mean one thing: GOOOOALLLL! This flashing LED light replicates the goal horns of all 30 NHL® squads; team labels are provided so you can customize the device to really show your loyalty. It includes a puck-shaped remote control, has a 3.5-mm audio output jack and can stand alone or be mounted for more prominent display.

twitter

I must have that.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

It's music to all hockey fans' ears -- the blaring sound of a horn that can only mean one thing: GOOOOALLLL! This flashing LED light replicates the goal horns of all 30 NHL® squads; team labels are provided so you can customize the device to really show your loyalty. It includes a puck-shaped remote control, has a 3.5-mm audio output jack and can stand alone or be mounted for more prominent display.

My girlfriend now has explicit instructions to purchase this for my birthday in early September.

PvO6ZWJ.png

My girlfriend now has explicit instructions to purchase this for my birthday in early September.

Order now then! "Leaves warehouse in 7-10 full business days". In a world where Amazon says "Order in the next 22 minutes and we'll ship it today", the NHL has quite a few items like this on their website in my quick tour.

Hasn't that existed for a while? I've had one that plays the goal horns of all the Canadian teams for a few years now, and I could'e sworn there was one for all 30.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Hasn't that existed for a while? I've had one that plays the goal horns of all the Canadian teams for a few years now, and I could'e sworn there was one for all 30.

I know there's apps that do it, at least.

Archived