2013 NHL Off-Season Thread

Delusional Jets fans, please go away.

Teemu already did the Winnipeg farewell. And if/when he comes back to Anaheim, he can get one more.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Delusional Jets fans, please go away.

Teemu already did the Winnipeg farewell. And if/when he comes back to Anaheim, he can get one more.

To reiterate my point from before:

Old Winnipeg Jets: 4 seasons (one of those seasons was the shortened 94-95 season and another was the year he was traded to Anaheim so he only played part of the year for the Jets)

San Jose Sharks: 3 seasons (two full seasons plus the 01-02 season where he played for them later in the season)

Colorado Avalanche: 1 season

Anaheim Mighty Ducks/Ducks: 14 seasons (2 of which he only played parts of the season with the Ducks due to coming from Winnipeg in 95-96 and going to San Jose in 01-02)

IbjBaeE.png

I'm not entirely sure what your point is, other that you can look up a hockey-reference page and count on your fingers.

There'd be nothing fitting about Selanne finishing his career with the Jets. He will always be a Duck.

Any other team would be just wrong.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

I'm not entirely sure what your point is, other that you can look up a hockey-reference page and count on your fingers.

How pray tell do I count to 14 on my fingers?

Binary.

How pray tell do I count to 14 on my fingers?

Start over at 11 and remember having counted to ten, you ding-dong.

If you don't understand by now why Selanne's short Winnipeg tenure means almost as much as his long Anaheim tenure, you never will, and so perhaps it'd be best to move on. He'll probably just stay with the Ducks this year anyway.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

On this day, 25 years ago, the Kings and Oilers succesfully pulled off the most stunning (and also most important and/or infamous) trade in NHL history. Wayne Gretzky to Los Angeles. And all of hockey (if not all of sports) would never be the same again.

If you don't understand by now why Selanne's short Winnipeg tenure means almost as much as his long Anaheim tenure

You see, that's the thing - it doesn't.

Tell me about all the other players who had 76-goal rookie seasons only to be traded for garbage as one final kick in the nuts to a condemned fanbase.

Our Ducks fans worship him as a god. He is the face of the franchise and will be for a long, long time to come. Get over it. It's like pining for a reunion with your old girlfriend with whom you had some really great times. Yeah, sure, it was fun, but she's now married.

Actually it is like his first wife died, but in a soap oprea twist was just in a coma for 15 years and is now back and wants to rekindle the relationship.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

If Selanne and the Ducks are married, he sure has had a lot of long weekends back at his parents' place while things sort themselves out over the last six years. If you don't see how he is also a beloved Winnipeg athlete (and oh noes they claim Bobby Hull too, HOW CAN THIS BE), you're being willfully obtuse. Like, what is the argument here, even? He's a free agent. Winnipeg fans want to see him come back because they loved him when he started and he's still really good. This isn't an indefensible stance.

And honestly, didn't want to go there, but who even cares about the Mighty Ducks from like 1996-2002, anyway? I know he got a lot of points with Kariya, but that whole era of the NHL was really kind of a tree falling in the woods for everyone who wasn't the Devils/Avs/Stars/Wings.

This thread used to be fun.

---

First, remember that Teemu was traded away from Anaheim in 2001 for Steve Shields and Jeff :censored: Friesen by one of the most inept men to ever run a hockey team, Pierre Page. Teemu wasn't noncommittal or itching to leave. Teemu never wanted to leave. Pierre Page was a :censored: face. And he didn't come back when he joined back up with Kariya because Kariya is a two faced :censored: rat and wanted out of Anaheim.

----

Second, What would be cool is if Teemu finished his career with the team he spent a large majority if his career with, won a Stanley Cup with, won awards with, is deeply ingrained in the community with, has his kids in their high school hockey league with, and has specifically referred to as his happy place. Oh and the team that is more likely to make the playoffs and maybe have some semblance of a shot of winning a round or two with.

Yeah he had some really neat seasons with the original Winnipeg Jets a while ago. No one is saying Winnipeggers don't or shouldn't hold on to nostalgia of the guy. (Nostalgia that can be argued is further held on to because of him leaving close to when the actual franchise did. Nit that his rookie season wasnt magical, but that again, he really wasnt there all that long.) But that nostalgia can be and I think was sufficiently satisfied with his last trip there. Everything about that game was beautifully done and Teemu did all he had to do and so much more on that visit. And if he comes back, he'll still have another visit to Winnipeg to do it all over again.

And really, based on all Teemu's said over his multiple flirts with retirement, something doesn't tell me he'd want to do a full season in Winnipeg. The cameo appearance is great, but the full year might be much. Especially considering his family probably stays in Orange County if he does that.

Let him finish his career on the Ducks. The team that he has and forever will represent as a franchise. Like I said, the Winnipeg cameos are great, but the place he deserves to take his final skate in and the jersey he should be wearing when he does is Anaheim.

And admiral, you know who cares about the Mighty Ducks between 1996-2002? Ducks fans. There were memories there and a lot of :censored: teams, but their our memories and our :censored: teams. As someone who grew up and grew to love hockey above the rest of my sports food chain during that time period, those Mighty Ducks teams mean a whole hell of a lot.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Whatever--let others identify a player with whatever team they want to.

That's a personal thing and there isn't an authority to regulate it.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Archived