2013 NHL Off-Season Thread

I've never really liked it (can't stand the "uhhhhh ugh ugh ugh uguhhhhh ughhh ugh uh uh"), and it's going into it's 9th year of use. I'm getting tired of it.

Plus Pennywise says they're Kings fans, and that is not acceptable. B)

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So according to Paul Lukas, the Kings have the worst jerseys in the league. Apparently, cartoony, complex crowns decked with purple are more stylish than a simple down-pointed, black and white shield.

http://www.espn.go.com/general/story?storyId=9541196&src=desktop

Black-on-black crest and razor-thin hemstripes at home with that poor "homeplate" logo versus owning a unique colour in the league with an actual logo. Granted, I wouldn't say the former is the worst in the league, but I'd take the latter any day of the week.

-BigBubba

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Grabovski to Washington on a 1 year deal.

I thought everyone forgot about him. I'd like to see him do well; seems like he got a bad deal 'cause the new coach hated him.

I thought everyone forgot about him. I'd like to see him do well; seems like he got a bad deal 'cause the new coach hated him.

Yeah, as a Leafs fan, I really hope he does well. It seems that this year, the Leafs are going for players that fit their system (Bolland, Clarkson) over better players (Grabo, Liles, Mac), so it should be interesting to see how things play out.

-BigBubba

Yeah, as a Leafs fan, I really hope he does well. It seems that this year, the Leafs are going for players that fit their system (Bolland, Clarkson) over better players (Grabo, Liles, Mac), so it should be interesting to see how things play out.

-BigBubba

I just hope it's the good type of interesting for us, maybe we can actually win a game against you guys.

But I think they have turned a good, exciting team into a good, stable team. I think it's going to be like last season for the leafs, but not as good. In my books they're definitely a playoff team this year.

-Puddintane

-BigBubba

I just hope it's the good type of interesting for us, maybe we can actually win a game against you guys.

But I think they have turned a good, exciting team into a good, stable team. I think it's going to be like last season for the leafs, but not as good. In my books they're definitely a playoff team this year.

-Puddintane

This whole self-quoting system has to stop because it doesn't work.

-dbadefense1990

-BigBubba

-Puddintane

-dbadefense1990

I think that sometime in the near future, the quote problem will be fixed and this'll make no sense to new people. And you can just post or edit a post to see the quotes anyways.

- The Right Honourable Sir Mr Wiggles the fourth

/endtiredattemptathumour

-BigBubba

- Cody 21

-dbadefense1990

I think that sometime in the near future, the quote problem will be fixed and this'll make no sense to new people. And you can just post or edit a post to see the quotes anyways.

- Jahgee

True, but if you're reading through a few pages, it's too much of an effort to keep clicking "quote" to see who posted something, especially when you're bound to forget it by the time you read the thread again and the post was quoted again.

-BigBubba

-BigBubba

-_-

-dbadefense1990

-_-

True, but if you're reading through a few pages, it's too much of an effort to keep clicking "quote" to see who posted something, especially when you're bound to forget it by the time you read the thread again and the post was quoted again.

-BigBubba

True, wasn't thinking of that.

Anyway to get back on topic, I heard Jared Cowen was in talks for and eight year contract extension a week ago while I was away and I didn't recall anyone posting about it here. Does anyone have any more info on that?

-BigBubba

He seemed like he liked it so much in Toronto; I was hoping Buffalo would grab him and then he could pretty much live in Toronto still. The Sabres decided to do nothing to improve the team, instead.

Incompetent lumbering meatsack Douglas Murray just got a contract from the Habs. Ron Hainsey does not have a contract. But no, there's no collusion against labor representatives, heavens no

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Grabovski to the Caps is a steal.

He's scored more 5 on 5 goals in the last two seasons than Giroux, Stepan, Kopitar, Carter, Kovalchuk and Daniel Sedin. Thought that was one of the better stats I've read about this week.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Archived