GoJetsGo's Challenge 2

gojetsgo

The City: Guthrie, OK Why Guthrie? Because Guthrie was the first official state captial of Oklahoma,

Off Topic: Been there. It's the home of the Blue Bell Saloon where legendary cowboy Tom Mix tended bar. There are still bullets lodged in the bar from a real live Old West shootout back in 1904.

Now, back to the contest . . .

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My entree, and ode to IMO, the greatest game to ever come out for Genesis (and one of the greatest games ever made)... Altered Beast. So here they are, the Baltimore Beasts:

BaltimoreBeastsConcept.gif

The crest is basically a simplified version of the werewolf from the Genesis box art. The font used for the secondary logo ("BEASTS") is the same used on the box art as well for the title "ALTERED BEAST" (well, I shouldn't say font because it's not a font I used, I basically just traced the letters from the box art). As for the colors, I wanted to tap into the roots of the game. I used blue as the main color because much of the game centers around that color - the box art's title image, the title screen of the game, the blue orbs that have to be collected in order to change into a beast and so on. I may also be doing a second entree for Streets of Rage if I have time.

"The true New Yorker secretly believes that anyone living anywhere else has got to be, in some sense, kidding."

Wow, that Altered Beast and the Breakout concepts are great. Starchild's looks like a good solid concept for a real team. The breakout one is pure genius. The Atari symbol behind the H and on the uni, the ball breaking the stripes. if you wanted to go real intricate, you could have the empty stripe space form the city skyline. Vic has gotta go all pink if he's gonna do Kirby. Solid stuff in this contest.

Hmmm...

perhaps I should look into a baseball uniform for the Winnipeg Warios.

Considering I've never done a baseball uniform before, it could work!

I am allowed two entries, right?

Super Wario Comix!

Iron Crossover IX Contender (Tied for 6th)

Iron Crossover Halloween Contender (Tied for Bronze)

vanhalengo.png

ABA, if you have photoshop or some other (non-paint) program, you can reduce the size without losing much detail. Photoshop does it well. You can probably find one of those on a file-sharing program like kazaa, illegally of course.

Thanks. I'll reduce the size of the template right now. Is it OK if I just leave the current one up?

Go ahead. The best thing to do though, is to do all your editing when it is still really big, and then once you're done your finished copy, reduce the size to 25%.

Archived