NHL 1970s Style - Ottawa Senators Added!

JCRGraphix

Dallas reminds me of the old ABA New York Nets uniforms. Well done.

I dig the Nashville jerseys, but think that the cat could be a little more "cartoony" to catch a real 70s vibe.

Maybe a bit like Pink Panther?

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dallas reminds me of the old ABA New York Nets uniforms. Well done.

I dig the Nashville jerseys, but think that the cat could be a little more "cartoony" to catch a real 70s vibe.

Maybe a bit like Pink Panther?

pink-266x300.png

Change the colors and I think it's a go.

Next up are the Dallas Stars. For this design, I used the colors from both the Texas state flag and Dallas city flag and created a logo based on this one from the Houston Gamblers of the USFL. The jersey itself is based on this one from the Bosnian IIHF team. Even though it was from the 90s, the design looked like it came out 20 years late, so I combined the designs an this is what I came up with.

dallas_zps00ad41d4.png

While I see what you are doing here, it still comes across as something I would see the New York Americans use if they lasted in to the 70's.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

Next up are the Minnesota Wild. I didn't want to use their current color scheme since in the 1970s Minnesota already had a team in Green and Gold. Instead, I decided to use a color scheme that was not used in the NHL, but only in the WHA by the Cleveland Crusaders. The logo is a fairly simple one using a treeline over the shape of the state of Minnesota. I decided to use a Tuscan font similar to that used in the M in their script logo. I also decided to use that font for the numbers and it would also be used for the NOB.

minnesota_zps6de0e666.png

Now, for the last of the 90's teams, the Ottawa Senators. For their design, I based everything on the official logo of the Canadian Senate which I use as a shoulder logo. The actual logo is based on the Milwaukee Admirals logo and and the Indianapolis Racers in a way. This project was loads of fun! I'll probably upload my retro templates (Bill Clement and Mike Palmateer) tomorrow if anybody's interested.

ottawa_zpse1d0a194.png

Now, for the last of the 90's teams, the Ottawa Senators. For their design, I based everything on the official logo of the Canadian Senate which I use as a shoulder logo. The actual logo is based on the Milwaukee Admirals logo and and the Indianapolis Racers in a way. This project was loads of fun! I'll probably upload my retro templates (Bill Clement and Mike Palmateer) tomorrow if anybody's interested.

ottawa_zpse1d0a194.png

Yes. I'd like to try this.

I could try to complete the series, at least a couple teams. Or make another thread.

Anyways, big big fun.

I think to accurately portray a senator, he'd need to be 20 years older, look awkwardly confused, and have money coming out of ... places...

It actually kind of looks like Bryan Murray to me. :P (after looking at it for a while)

Great job on the series, I was thoroughly entertained the entire thread.

DON'T TALK TO ME ABOUT HOCKEY

Archived