NHL 1970s Style - Ottawa Senators Added!

JCRGraphix

Here's a fun concept. These are the uniforms that I could see the 1978-79 Florida Panthers wearing. The non-traditional striping pattern is representative of the non-traditional hockey market. The jerseys are based on the 1980 Tucson Toros.

florida_zps955d6300.png

toros.jpg

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

NO!!!!! NO PLEASE GOD NO!!!!!!!

why? His concept is better than anything the thrashers had in existence.

Do like that thrasher georgia logo. Not sold on the color scheme but I could have seen them jump on the 'cool things of the 70's' bandwagon before overhauling in the 80's.

I like the way he presented it, and the logo looks good but the colors...

sport-scarf_reds_zpsbb317600.png

I agree, love the logo, don't care for the font. Also, no white aways? I know you're riffing on 70s baseball, but I'd like to see a white and brown away. The other thing is, this would definitely pass in the 70s, font and all. But are you trying to make a 70s look that looks good now or just one that could hack it in the 70s. A different font and I'd be all about this uniform now with the 70s vibe. Logo is so much better than what the actual thrashers used.

This doesn't fit, at all, into the 1970s. Yes, the jerseys were garrish back then, bright colors and bold designs, but they weren't crazy. That's a 1996 alternate AT BEST. Look at the other jerseys of the era, look at the design trends, and think of the next logical steps. It isn't wild and crazy for wild and crazy's sake.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

For this design, I have the Avalanche going with a more traditional look and color scheme. I also created a simple 1970s looking logo. So here are the 1973-74 Colorado Avalanche...

colorado_zpsccbb2438.png

Your vintage concepts are great man! I hope you have tons more up your sleeve, and it would be cool if you posted the log itself as well so we can see it for itself :P

great work...

Archived