JCRGraphix

NHL 1970s Style - Ottawa Senators Added!

The Avalanche is definitely your best one yet. This series just keeps getting better, can't wait to see more.

Great thread. Big fun! Want more!

PS Your fonts choices are absolutely correct. Congrats.

Great work JC! You've got the retro look down pat!

As an old goalie, I'm loving the leathers!!!

They used to soak up the moisture, so by the end of a game/practice, they'd weigh 100 lbs. each! (at least they felt like they did).

Keep it coming please.

Love it all. I would say that if the Aves existed in the 70s, thinking of the color schemes, they'd probably rock maroon and light blue like the Phillies. Navy/Light blue seems kinda bland compared to that era of expansion.

Hopefully a certain team based in Florida might get a 70s look soon!

The thread is golden. One of the best I've seen in a while. Great work, man

The whole Avs set is good, but I really like that logo. I think it looks better than their current mark.

That Avalanche set is B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L ! ! ! A timeless look. The Avs probably would have won more Cups just by wearing uniforms that sharp.

That Avalanche logo is a lot better than the real one. Of course, the real one is one of my most-hated of all time.

One of my favorite logos of all time was that of the Los Angeles Sharks of the WHA. So, for this next one, instead of moving to Michigan and becoming the Stags and failing, they moved upstate to San Jose.

sanjose_zpsed774abe.png

Hopefully a certain team based in Florida might get a 70s look soon!

Here you go! The Tampa Bay Lightning. The color scheme is based on a photograph of one of my uncles on vacation to Tampa in about 1976 or 77. I can't share that photo, but the colors and striping are based on the shirt he was wearing. The logo was kind of inspired by the overly intricate Canucks logo introduced in the late 70s.

tampabay_zpsd223eb2e.png

I was up watching the LA-San Jose game, so I decided to do another while I was watching. Here are the Phoenix Coyotes using desert colors. Brown was big in the 70s!

PHOENIX_zps18e9f6a3.png

Your 70's Coyotes logo looks better than their current one.

Love that look for the Coyotes. For Tampa though, I'd get rid of the hockey club at the bottom, and put lightning in its place.

Wow, I really like that color palette for the Lightning.

I think Atlanta, TB and Coyotes are my favorite so far!

The Sharks logo is a miss. It looks more like a monkfish than a shark. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monkfish