NYC FC Branding

ksupilot

• Replies 905
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Aye, I spotted the hearts as well. There's really not much else to like in there, unfortunately.

I think that particular heart shape looks a bit silly when you take away the fact that it was formed from an interlocked M and H. A generic heart would work better, despite this one's connection to the previous logo.

• 1 month later...

Well, not exactly.

That's a shirsey, with his name and number on the back in the official MLS font:

Lampard_clinic.jpg

Lampard_SupportersTee.png

Shirseys are usually suggestive of the jerseys (which is kind of the point). We know that City is going to have a sky blue shirt, so perhaps this is a fair indication of what it'll look like (minus the Adidas stripes and inevitable Etihad sponsor logo).

I like it with the blue shorts - that'd be a good look.

Well, not exactly.

That's a shirsey, with his name and number on the back in the official MLS font:

Lampard_clinic.jpg

Lampard_SupportersTee.png

Shirseys are usually suggestive of the jerseys (which is kind of the point). We know that City is going to have a sky blue shirt, so perhaps this is a fair indication of what it'll look like (minus the Adidas stripes and inevitable Etihad sponsor logo).

I know it's expected that Etihad will be the kit sponsor, but Arabs + airplanes + New York = bad idea. My prediction is that we will see Metlife or another big local corporation on the kits.

I know it's expected that Etihad will be the kit sponsor, but Arabs + airplanes + New York = bad idea. My prediction is that we will see Metlife or another big local corporation on the kits.

Gotta admit, I think that would be a pretty racist position, and never even occurred to me. That hasn't been a problem for the Cosmos in the two years they've had their sponsor.

cosmos-Rey.jpg

However, Nissan is NYCFC's "official electric vehicle", and they were all over Lampard's introductory press conference (Etihad was notably absent), so that has given many of us a little hope that the club will make the right decision.

nycfc_frank-lampard-at-press-conference_

Myself, if we are to have a shirt sponsor, I'd prefer it be municipal. At least at the start. An olive branch to the city, to smooth the path to a new stadium.

NYCFC_ConceptKit-REV.png

Gothamite, I would think it would be a huge step in the North American sports of the city of New York actually sponsored NYCFC for the first season. What an olive branch to the city it would be. That would open people's eyes and might convince more people to come to more matches if it was a "city" club. And I like the mockup/concept design for the NYCFC home kit. Did you do it?Though it would look better with navy blue shorts vice white.

Well, not exactly.

Oh god, it's the new form of the "YOU CAN'T HAVE A JET ON THE JETS HELMET BECAUSE 9/11" :P

But seriously, I think NYCFC will be fine with either navy or white shorts. The MCFC blue compliments both very well. As long as they stay away from a monochrome kit they'll look real sharp.

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

I wouldn't be surprised if the sponsor was Nissan since that company already co-owns a team in Japan with Man City, and Etihad is already a league wide sponsor as the "official airline of MLS" so I don't know if they can sponsor individual teams as well (I could be wrong though).

2nn48xofg0hms8k326cqdmuis.gifUnited States (2016 - Pres)7204.gif144.gif

Not only can they, but when shirt sponsors were first introduced, the companies had to be league sponsors. I don't know if that rule is still in place, but Etihad as the "official league airline" makes absolutely nonsense at all, since they don't fly between any two league cities. So nobody can fly the official MLS airline while on MLS business.

Not only can they, but when shirt sponsors were first introduced, the companies had to be league sponsors. I don't know if that rule is still in place, but Etihad as the "official league airline" makes absolutely nonsense at all, since they don't fly between any two league cities. So nobody can fly the official MLS airline while on MLS business.

I agree you but Garber is probably looking to get money wherever he can by making Etihad the official airline partner of the league.

http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/article/2014/03/25/etihad-airways-announced-official-airline-partner-major-league-soccer

Of course it's about the money. But Etihad specifically is still a bizarre choice.

I know Etihad has some sort of partnership with Jet Blue so maybe teams can use that airline or others they may be partnered with Etihad.

Virtually every airline has partners.

Doesn't change the fact that Etihad barely even flies to the United States and doesn't fly at all within the United States.

I'm glad that MLS is attractive enough to draw an international sponsor, but this "official" deal is just odd.

Archived