NYC FC Branding

ksupilot

I wonder if this is an early draft of the eventual kit

pDUgWbT.jpg

I wonder if a few teams might be screaming to UEFA after his loan was extended. I'm sure some MLS teams will be ticked he won't be visiting them in March and April.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

• Replies 905
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In the image it looks like navy shirt and shorts with sky blue shoulder stripes. I really hope that is the case, I would love that. Throw a little orange trim in there too.

In the image you just see black...

Ah wait, now I saw it. The three stripes on the shirt are sky blue. Oh no. Pleaso no navy.

NYCFC-New-Uniform-Coming-Soon.jpg

I'm a simple person, I have a pixelated David Beckham as profile photo since 2010.

In the image it looks like navy shirt and shorts with sky blue shoulder stripes. I really hope that is the case, I would love that. Throw a little orange trim in there too.

In the image you just see black...

Ah wait, now I saw it. The three stripes on the shirt are sky blue. Oh no. Pleaso no navy.

Why? I feel the opposite. I don't want a L'il Man City look. Plus, there is already SKC with the light blue primary/dark blue trim.

Personally, I hate Man City but want a sky blue shirt. Really own the color in this city, stand out in the crowded marketplace.

I wonder if a few teams might be screaming to UEFA after his loan was extended. I'm sure some MLS teams will be ticked he won't be visiting them in March and April.

Don't believe everything (or even anything) you read in an English tabloid.

We don't know what he is doing in the UAE.

I'm guessing nothing if the current state of affairs is any indication.

But he does deserve to be commended for his very good work in the UK.

I'm more willing to applaud David Cameron on that front.

As a change kit, that will look amazing. As a home kit, not so much.

Cap, if your mind is made up, there's little that I can do to change it. But I'm proud that my club's sister club has such an outstanding record on gay rights, and I know they'll do just as well in Gotham.

Cap, if your mind is made up, there's little that I can do to change it. But I'm proud that my club's sister club has such an outstanding record on gay rights, and I know they'll do just as well in Gotham.

My mind's made up because the team has ties to a man who is part of a regime that's irremediably scummy :( I don't think I'm being unreasonable when I say that bothers me.

Again, it's not a judgement call on Man City or NYCFC supporters. That sort of thing is beyond anyone's control. And NYCFC has done enough things right to make me want to view them favourably. It's just not in the cards here thanks to that connection.

My mind's made up because the team has ties to a man who is part of a regime that's irremediably scummy :( I don't think I'm being unreasonable when I say that bothers me.

Again, it's not a judgement call on Man City or NYCFC supporters. That sort of thing is beyond anyone's control. And NYCFC has done enough things right to make me want to view them favourably. It's just not in the cards here thanks to that connection.

I'll never defend the UAE royal family (or any royal family -- people of my ilk tend to come over all head-chop-off-y around royals). But the excessive focus on the politics of the City owner is selective.

The nature of modern big-time sports is that only the super-rich can be owners. None of these people could withstand the scrutiny that you are giving to Sheikh Mansour.

The previous City owner was Thaksin Shinawatra, the former Thai prime minister who has been convicted of fraud. My favourite team, Chelsea, is owned by a Russian oligarch who has appropriated a natural resource, natural gas, that had been the common property of the people of the Soviet Union.

Another team that I support, the Nets, is owned by a Russian oligarch who has ambitions to be president.

George W. Bush owned the Texas Rangers before he became president. Indeed, many North American teams have over the years been owned by scummy and backward-minded rich people: Mike Illich, Dan Snyder, Donald Sterling, John Bassett, Mark Cuban, Rich DeVos, and Phil Anschutz spring to mind. There are many, many more. While none of these people hold/held elective office, they all are/were part of the sector of society which effectively owns elected officials.

(It's worth mentioning here that North Americans often make accusations about human-rights abuses in other countries with the unspoken assumption that their own country is free of this sort of thing. In fact, many comparably horrifying things occur right here, things that would elicit outraged claims of human-rights abuse if they were observed in any other country. I work in criminal defence; so I am thinking primarily of prison conditions and the lack of meaningful due process. But analogous problems can be found in all sectors of society. In the end, we're not so superior to those places which we like to criticise.)

The point is that all these people are disgusting; trying to claim that one of them is more heinous than the other is pure folly. You don't get to be rich enough to own a major sports team by behaving in a morally-sound manner.

Of course they should all go up against the wall after the revolution. But, until then, let's just realise that pro sports on the highest level require the participation of this criminal class as owners.

We as fans must understand that we're just using these scum to bankroll the entertainment that we enjoy; it's not necessary that we approve of them personally. So we should quit trying to make meaningless and arbitrary distinctions amongst them.

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

Sheikh Mansour is actually the Deputy Prime Minister of the UAE. He's also the brother of the UAE President/Emir of Abu Dhabi. On top of all of that? He sits on the governmental body that oversees petroleum production in the country, the backbone of the UAE economy. He's more then just a minor figure in the UAE government. He has a significant amount of authority.

It's great that he's outspoken about gay rights in the UK, but the fact remains he's silent on the topic in his own country. Which is the real shame because he has the means to really be a positive force for change on that front.

This is basically me feeling on NYCFC as well and what ultimately led me from being a fan to not wanting much to do with it at all. It doesn't make me feel right at all.

I understand that there are a lot of scumbags in sports but human rights violators is where I personally draw the line on such things.

2nn48xofg0hms8k326cqdmuis.gifUnited States (2016 - Pres)7204.gif144.gif

Archived