NYC FC Branding

ksupilot

• Replies 905
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's fine.

That's about all I can say. The KC matches will be interesting, but there's time to figure that out.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Ethiad as a sponsor makes no sense either considering they barely operate in the US

EDIT: they do in NYC but still a bad choice compared to the other options available

jaker52sig.png

signatureofteams.jpg

MUNCHEN LOWEN (WAFA) GULF SHORES OSPREYS (IBL)

They make (slightly) more sense as an NYCFC sponsor than "the official airline of MLS", considering they only fly to a half-dozen MLS cities and don't fly between any of them.

Here's a look at the new MLS numbers for 2015:

2015_MLSnumbers_sq.jpg

(Ignore the purplish color; that's navy on sky)

It's the same font, with the 'MLS Next' slash added.

I like them. I liked the font before, and while I'm not usually a fan of making designs busier this works for me. They're certainly carrying the new league branding forward.

They make (slightly) more sense as an NYCFC sponsor than "the official airline of MLS", considering they only fly to a half-dozen MLS cities and don't fly between any of them.

Here's a look at the new MLS numbers for 2015:

2015_MLSnumbers_sq.jpg

(Ignore the purplish color)

It's the same font, with the 'MLS Next' slash added.

I like them. I liked the font before, and while I'm not usually a fan of making designs busier this works for me. They're certainly carrying the new league branding forward.

first of all, we need this font made by conrad and that and that looks super nice but this may look bad on some jerseys

jaker52sig.png

signatureofteams.jpg

MUNCHEN LOWEN (WAFA) GULF SHORES OSPREYS (IBL)

Gah, that slash through the numbers is wholly unnecessary.

And the NYCFC kits are terrible from every aspect. Fill template. Looks just like City B. Not utilizing two of the club's three colors. Just all together disappointing — though I hate myself for expecting more.

6fQjS3M.png

I've known what we were getting for months, so I'm not disappointed. Had plenty of time to get used to it. And I've been advocating for a plain sky shirt since the very beginning.

The shirt does use navy, on the logos and the numbers. The color doesn't seem absent at all that way.

Pretty disappointed. That's probably my fault, expecting something other than a Man City kit done by Adidas, but I was hoping for something different. The thing that probably bugs me most is that the blue is identical to that of Man City, when the blue we've seen on the digital version of the crest for the past few months has looked just dark enough to differentiate itself.

- Minnesota Twins - Minnesota Golden Gophers - Dallas Stars - Dallas Mavericks - Norwich City FC -

- Texas Tech Red Raiders - FC Dallas - Minnesota Vikings - Borussia Dortmund -

Pretty disappointed. That's probably my fault, expecting something other than a Man City kit done by Adidas, but I was hoping for something different. The thing that probably bugs me most is that the blue is identical to that of Man City, when the blue we've seen on the digital version of the crest for the past few months has looked just dark enough to differentiate itself.

A lot of people were probably in this boat since they managed to get the logo right.

I knew that the shirt was going to be primarily sky blue and Etihad was going to be the sponsor but they could have at least made sure it wasn't an Adidas version of Man City's traditional jersey. All they could have done was make the shorts & socks a different color than white or sky blue and people would have accepted it.

Also here is Keith Olbermann's take on this:

2nn48xofg0hms8k326cqdmuis.gifUnited States (2016 - Pres)7204.gif144.gif

Lots of underwhelming reveals. As a casual fan, this apparent league-wide standardization of nearly everything is not helping me get excited about the MLS. At least with the BPL there is some sense of progressive design.

Midway.png

Hmm that's not exactly the progressive design I'm talking about though. Just about everything in life had a radical phase in the 90's that we can look away from. Instead, let's look this this past world cup. Where adidas, Nike, and even Puma successfully pulled off some beautiful uniforms with personality.

Midway.png

Archived