2013 FIFA Confederations Cup Thread

sportsfan0518

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Meanwhile, steering the subject onto kits...

I'm a little perplexed as to why both teams are wearing their second choice shorts this evening. Italy (classed as the home team) have opted to abandon their white shorts and instead go for blue, meaning that Brazil have had to drop their traditional blue in favour of cladding their thighs in their alternative white pairs.

5umo.jpg

I pointed this oddity out to Mrs Cake, who looked at me like I was odd or something.

FIFA forces the teams to wear strange combinations. I have yet to figure out their logic, though it does seem that they prefer teams in monochrome kits.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

FIFA forces the teams to wear strange combinations. I have yet to figure out their logic, though it does seem that they prefer teams in monochrome kits.

Indeed, it's something they've apparently been encouraging in recent years - but that said, getting both teams to wear their second choice shorts (which just so happen to be the colours of their opponent's first choice) was a tad odd, and neither team looked quite right.

A lot of the well known, classic kit combinations feature contrasting short/sock combinations and it would be a shame to see these phased out in favour of monochrome versions.

Indeed, it's something they've apparently been encouraging in recent years - but that said, getting both teams to wear their second choice shorts (which just so happen to be the colours of their opponent's first choice) was a tad odd, and neither team looked quite right.

A lot of the well known, classic kit combinations feature contrasting short/sock combinations and it would be a shame to see these phased out in favour of monochrome versions.

If they both would have worn their first choice shorts then both teams would have had at least one blue and one white piece of their uniform. I can see why they made them switch.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

FIFA have a rule that in global competitions one team has to be in 'light' jerseys (white/yellow etc.), the other in 'dark', so that those still watching in black and white are able to tell the difference. Can't see why this would have necessitated the shorts switch but possibly something to do with it.

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

sorry sweetie, but I don't suck minor-league d

CCSLC Post of the day September 3rd 2012

Archived