PDC - The Professional Dodgeball Coalition

Windell918

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Courts are amazing. Fun seeing YOU have fun playing inside new shapes.

Only thing I'd suggest is maybe finding a few different court textures if possible. For example, the Celtics have the parquet pattern. Some floors have a zig-zag pattern. And there's all sorts of different types of wood to be used. I realize that the type of floor pattern used isn't your main concern when trying to come up with more than a hundred different variations on this, but I think you could have some fun with a little variety in the basic floor types. Additionally, like tennis, you could have some teams insist on playing on non-glossy-wood surfaces (which would sort of mimic the way dodgeball is actually played). Maybe some teams insist on playing on grass. Some on concrete. Some on dirt. Some on asphalt. Surely at least one team has a marble floor. How about thick glass, with a giant fishtank underneath? How cool would it be to see a killer whale swimming around underneath the players?

Just trying to help you fill in all the free time you have.

Guess its time to show off the next five then. I do have parquet for Boston(and kingston here) and I have the fishbone (zigzag) pattern that I will use for Brooklyn. The other ideas i will give some thought too!

REDROGUES-3.jpg

KROCS-3.jpg

FLEET-4.jpgEXPRESS-3.jpg

CHILL-3.jpg

I like Norfolk's water sidelines. I also like the subtle changes in the border in between the court and the sidelines/baselines like the double border on Charlottetown and Montreal, and a single black line for Chicago or a single gray line for Norfolk. These all look really great. I think for Seattle you could shape the zones as gears. These all look great! Keep it up!

I wanted to show of the fishbone pattern I did so I went ahead and skipped forward to Brooklyn. Heres the last set with it. Figured Id just give it to ya before I run off to work.

BLACKOUT-3.jpg

BLUES-3.jpg

ECHIDNAS-4.jpg

BLACKJACKS-3.jpg

COMMAND-7.jpg

DREAM-4.jpg

As you can tell im able to knock these out fairly fast. So ill probably release five at a time going forward until its all caught up.. They're fun too!

Do you think that Oklahoma could use its primary in the circular zone and the middle part of it would be the dot? I think that'd look cool but it might be too cluttered and then you'd have to change the logo at center court due to redundancy.

scarvessmall_zpsc4c8e942.png

Do you think that Oklahoma could use its primary in the circular zone and the middle part of it would be the dot? I think that'd look cool but it might be too cluttered and then you'd have to change the logo at center court due to redundancy.

I tried and tried to make that work.. no joke...it just looked bad. I was pretty bummed about it too.

One thing that makes a great Concept series is not just the "spectators" (for lack of a better term) having fun looking through the thread, but the creator having fun making the concepts as well. This is one of those threads.

The courts are absolutely fantastic. I can't believe how great these turned out. Might just be my new favorite part of the series

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

I'm actually loving the new look for Detroit. The speedometer is a very nice touch

I agree about the secondary. Love it. I think this "simplified" version is actually more clever. Loving the metallic effect and the colors. Classic Detroit colors. Looks great! Cannot wait for the uniforms!

I don't like the idea of a new color here. Its already two blues and two greys plus white. 5 is usually the color limit I try to adhere too.I agree the word mark needs something. The outline like on the primary and secondary didnt work well.

I like the bolts idea but I cant decide where they would work well.....ideas???

Archived