New NHLPA logo

habsfan1

Old...

NHLPA-logo-300x336.jpg

New...

0619-nhlpa-nhl14.png

I think it's an upgrade.

The font is sleaker, and I also like how the bolder and edgier P-A letters are in contrast to the letters N-H-L. It's also normal that the NHLPA logo should not be 100 times more vibrant than the NHL logo itself. This change makes sense.

Well it appears legit, the logo in part appears on the header of their website...

However all their media releases are still using their old logo.

Also, since this is very much sports related, shouldn't this be in the Sports Logos section?

tigercatssignature-1.png

Interesting. About two days ago I caught there Twitter account and was thinking how much they needed a new logo. I'm not sure if the old logo was ever good, but it certainly wasn't any more.

They fixed my main beef with the logo (the overlapping players instead of having the white separate them, but it's still not all that nice. Better, though.

So there is skates afterall.

Damn. I was going to trademark the phrase "OITGDNHLPA"

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Why is every letter italicized except the "A"?

That's all I'll ever be able to notice now.

Well, the P and A sort of lean in to one another to seperate it from the NHL, and the A sort of blends into the players leg.

I like this, cleaner. I never liked the negative space player on the old logo.

Damn. I was going to trademark the phrase "OITGDNHLPA"

The NHLPA liberated themselves from the crippling ineptitude of professional hockey when they hired Don Fehr.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived