Contest Winner Awards

paynomind

Gentlemen, (and ladies where applicable)

I was thinking about the awards, and wanted to give you all a humble suggestion; Lets try and keep the contest winner images to a standard. Myself and WiB have made ours 80pix wide, and 100 pixels tall. JQK made his only a few pixels tall, but full width.(502x22)

In the interest of making them appear nicely and evenly, can we 'suggest' that prize images either be 100 pixels tall and something equal to or less than that in width(portrait), or 502 wide by 22 or so tall?

This isn't a requirement by any means, but looking at PittUnited's signature line full of awards I noticed the need for this. He resized his and now it looks good, but it would be hella cool if we had this standardized so no one needed to resize the images.

Thanks, folks!

B)

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

This is a fantastic idea. I really don't like it when I see a page twice the width on my monitor just because of one person's need to display their winning entry in a contest and then post the "award" they got for it. Great idea Payn.

I personally think it would be way easier on space if all awards were just like JQK's King's Court Banner. Seen in my sig below. I think it would work wicked.

Exactly... it would be easy to see who's done well, just like banners hanging in an arena.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

Been thinking about this idea for a while but never wanted to bring it up. I especially like the way that JQK makes his banners for contest winners and the way they fit together very nicely in Steve-O's signature. Some others look very cluttered and nuts when thrown together in a pile, which kind of take away from the niceness of having the banners in the sig in the first place. I'd recommend the JQK style of banners. They're clean, simple, and fit together well.

sticksstones4.png

The world's foremost practitioners of professional tag-team wrestling.

I am glad to get positive input about this topic. I was a little afriad it might have met with resistance.

While I like JQK's images a lot, I think having both portrait and landscape sizes would be a good solution. The stacking logolympiad medals look good in several folks' sig lines.

Besides, i dont see anyone wanting to get rid of their logolympiad medals anytime soon, and they are the portrait size (WiB and I made the paynomindbender and logolympiad images the exact same size with this reason in mind.)

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

I am completely behind any attempts to control signature sprawl, especially since I'm a major offender. (It doesn't help much that I am a total contest whore. :P)

I agree with pnm. A combo of the two formats would be nice. JQK's are unique and look great, but the more vertical style allows for a little more artwork. So perhaps we can offer 502x22 and 100x50 as format choices and stick it in the TFAQ?

piratesSig.gif

OWNER -- Pittsburgh Spiders (UL) * Dynamo Missouri (PLA) * Montreal Maroons (SHL)

Maybe even enlarge the landscape size to 560 wide, so you can stuff exactly 7 portrait sized ones underneath it. Create a sence of evenness.

560x22 - landscape

80x100 - portrait

ΓΔΒ!

I will keep an eye on this post to see when you guys decide which standard will be best, and then I will add it to the TFAQ. I am in aggreance with paynomind in making the landscape a litle bigger to evenly fit the portrait images under or above it.

Whatcha gonna do when the Ultimate MegaPowers run wild over you!

UMPPrimarySig.jpgUMPWarriorSig.jpgUMPAltSig.jpg

If I can just quickly get off the topic of contest awards...

Can we seriously just put a limit on all sigs all-together?

I prefer to have signatures on... but some people have too fluffin huge of signatures of a 500 x 300 pixel picture of their favorite player or their last pick in their latest fantasy draft. I don't mind wideness -- but it's the height of some of the pictures in peoples sigs that just annoy the heck out of me.

Ok, that's my rant --- now back to the contest awards.

IUe6Hvh.png

That's why I'm for the JQK, long/thin style awards banners. They're skinny, so even when stacked they don't take up much room. I like having sigs on, because it helps me identify people and I like to check up on some of what's in the sigs, but some people's are ridiculously ginormous. I think my Mess pic is reasonably sized, no?

sticksstones4.png

The world's foremost practitioners of professional tag-team wrestling.

It's definetely reasonably sized. I'd be a hypocrite if I said it wasn't because mine is the same size. But some people have your sig times like... 4. And actually, i really don't mind if it's text... but having a slow internet connection means I have to wait for peoples freakin signatures to load for the whole page to load and that's kind of a pain when they're huge

IUe6Hvh.png

I love the portrait banners, and stacking them across i think has a Arena-rafters look. I chose my style because of space, really. I thought thing and long would work better, so someone with multiple championships could display then without taking up large amounts of screen space.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Archived