2013 NFL Re-Design Project [New & Improved]

ADW77

I've decided to go full out for this project. My original intent was just to fix up the teams and their looks, but instead I'm going to fix everything, at least how I believe it should be fixed. I'm also going to continue this project for as long as I can, meaning if a team needs an update for the following season, I'm going to do it.

Several things aren't going to change, but more will. I'm fixing up the entire design aspect of the NFL, in my own vision of course (if anyone has suggestions or input, feel free, I'm always open to suggestions).

I'm going as far as changing the style guide layout, the helmet and uniform templates, and a lot more. Just a total and complete overhaul.

Under my re-design there's an easy set of new rules regarding uniforms.

- All teams MUST have a throwback uniform.

- Each team is allowed to have a fourth uniform as an alternate to the base home and road uniforms.

- Teams may only wear their throwbacks/alternates a maximum of three times during the season.

- Every team is required to wear their throwback in a game during November, now titled NFL Heritage Month.

- All three Thanksgiving games are mandatory throwback games, bringing back "Thanksgiving Classics".

- All throwbacks must be as historically accurate as possible. (Adjustments due to sleeve length for example are permitted)

- Each team is limited to three different pants and socks outside of the throwback.

So for my initial post here, I'm going to reveal the 2013 Draft logo, the Super Bowl XLVIII logo and the 2014 Pro Bowl logo.

DraftSBPB01.png

And now the playoff logos. They are based off the 2005 renditions of the conference championship logos, the playoff logo is very much like the one that was used for a long time.

(I had to switch hosts, picturepush sucks unless you're paying. I'm going to try imgur for now and see how that works out. Just click on the image to view the full sized image.)

qeMPYQ2.png

Here are the various NFL logos. Corporate, event, etc.

I've decided to add an official 3D logo of the NFL shield. The International Series logo is unchanged. The NFL Films, RedZone & NFL Network logos are slightly modified versions of their pre-2012 versions. The NFL Equipment logo & NFL Alumni logos are also slightly modified versions of their current logos. The Fantasy Football logo is a new creation. The Heritage Month & Thanksgiving Classics logos are derivatives of the event logos previously used starting in 2005.

Vev6uLO.png

Well, I was in love with your desings until I saw your oldy Playoffs desings. I'm not big of bring old things back to life especially in a re-desing project. You have a big talent. So use it for something new and fresh. Great works so far. Keep it up. I wanna see your desings for teams and their logos-uniforms.

879inciu3010831.png

#PackerNation

#IgniteTheFuture

#GreenCollar

Is the primary color always listed first? Because if it is, then there's an awful lot of black in this series.

The primary color is always first, however, if there is black, then black is first by default. That's just how I put the colors together. Like for instance, Arizona, Jacksonville, Washington, Kansas City, MInnesota and a few others just have black as a secondary or accent color.

Here are the various NFL logos. Corporate, event, etc.

I've decided to add an official 3D logo of the NFL shield. The International Series logo is unchanged. The NFL Films, RedZone & NFL Network logos are slightly modified versions of their pre-2012 versions. The NFL Equipment logo & NFL Alumni logos are also slightly modified versions of their current logos. The Fantasy Football logo is a new creation. The Heritage Month & Thanksgiving Classics logos are derivatives of the event logos previously used starting in 2005.

Vev6uLO.png

i think you could simplify your font list here. there would be more unity if there wern't so many fonts being used across the board. also, the Heritage and Thanksgiving colors are too close to each other. you'll lose any difference when its at the bottom of a screen. either they should both be the same or one needs to change. i recommend orange for turkey day

oh, and that helmet template is old news. get Thomas Hatfield's template. i think theres a vector and raster version out there

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

Archived