Canada Soccer and New Template

raysox

If you haven't noticed, I've made some changes to my normal soccer template. I've been using the one I used for my A-League concepts for a long long time. But every concept was very template-y, and I wasn't too creative. The template also became very hard to work with, and took up huge amounts of space. I've had a lot of success with my yakball template. A few weeks ago, I wanted to make a soccer version so I did. I thought it would give me more freedom to do what I wanted. But when I made it, something wasn't right. It didn't feel like a soccer template.

I then took some time to look at some other templates I liked. Flakebrand has one of the best templates around. I liked the way the sleeves were, and it actually had a collar. So I flared the sleeves out on mine. My all time favorite template is Speedy's hockey template, seen here. The way the stitching is makes it pop and has a bold feeling aboout them. I made mine bolder and stuff, took out some of my soccer jerseys I own, and looked at where the seams are, adding more.

A lot of tweaks went into this, but I'm fairly happy with my result.

As a test, I rebranded team Canada. Their current logo seems out dated. I went for the same style as West Sydney, but with a leaf in the middle. It might not be super in depth, but I felt like simplicity was a good move for this team.

Canada_zps31f29e1f.png

Let me know what you think. I one with adidas stripes too. If this ends up being the final one, I'll post a download link.

I'm not a big fan of the crest, it looks a bit too plain. I think some elements from the old crest (with the soccer ball) would make it better.

The kits though are great, you nailed how the away jersey should look, simplistic.

• 2 weeks later...

I think I speak for all of us when we say we want this template, it's great, and we would all be appreciative if you would share it.

See: Yakball threads.

Raysox: Both kits look great and the crest is the best part of this set but I have to ask where the number font comes from? What is the inspiration?

Archived