Prevalence of Criminal Activity On The Part of Pro Athletes...

drdougfresh

Dude, you're getting too worked up about the apparent dissing of the NBA (what??) on these boards, lol. I didn't think people cared about it this much.

I was talking about in the general media not on these boards.

Here's the facts, the NFL has more players than the NBA and because of that they'll almost always have more players committing crimes than the NBA.

You moron, if you are going to comment on someone's post please learn to read it all the way through.

I have already debunked that idiotic notion by showing that NHL players commit less crime than NBA players even though there are more of them.

Also there is a higher percentage of NFL players doing crime than NBA players. If what you said was true then the percentages should be the same.

2nn48xofg0hms8k326cqdmuis.gifUnited States (2016 - Pres)7204.gif144.gif

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dude, you're getting too worked up about the apparent dissing of the NBA (what??) on these boards, lol. I didn't think people cared about it this much.

Here's the facts, the NFL has more players than the NBA and because of that they'll almost always have more players committing crimes than the NBA.

You moron, if you are going to comment on someone's post please learn to read it all the way through.

I have already debunked that idiotic notion by showing that NHL players commit less crime than NBA players even though there are more of them.

Also there is a higher percentage of NFL players doing crime than NBA players. If what you said was true then the percentages should be the same.

It is by one percentage point if the 53-man, regular season roster numbers are used (1,696 NFL players vs. 450* NBA players) and it is less than .34 of a percentage point if the 90-man, training camp max roster is used since they are still "signed" NFL players.

*- The NBA roster must have a minimum of 12 players and a maximum of 15.

And just like that you've really lost any credibility you may have had. Personal attacks at someone because they disagree with you generally shows a lack of maturity. And it's hard to take anything you say seriously.

It is by one percentage point if the 53-man, regular season roster numbers are used (1,696 NFL players vs. 450* NBA players) and it is less than .34 of a percentage point if the 90-man, training camp max roster is used since they are still "signed" NFL players.

*- The NBA roster must have a minimum of 12 players and a maximum of 15.

Training Camp rosters are BS and you know probably know it by the fact that you put "signed" in quotations.

Percentage points in this case are rather huge. If the NFL was at the percentage of crime that NBA players had (using regular season rosters) last year they would have only 18 arrests instead of 42 which is a huge difference.

And just like that you've really lost any credibility you may have had. Personal attacks at someone because they disagree with you generally shows a lack of maturity. And it's hard to take anything you say seriously.

I do not have the patience for people that do not read what the other person is posting and then refuses to comment on what they have actually written.

Disagreement is fine, not even bothering to read what the other side has posted is a pet peeve.

Also ignoring the content of what someone wrote because of a few harsh words is shallow.

Could we at least agree that 2.5% or 1% is likely below average compared to national crime rates?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

So take it up with the general media, then.

You're getting a bit worked up over something that isn't being said here, just like Lights Off keeps requesting that we take the choke label off of LeBron when no one here is calling him a choker. You two sound a lot like those clowns that constantly call in to sports talk radio shows.....

You're getting a bit worked up over something that isn't being said here, just like Lights Off keeps requesting that we take the choke label off of LeBron when no one here is calling him a choker. You two sound a lot like those clowns that constantly call in to sports talk radio shows.....

That is a bit hard to do when you do not have avenues to voice it to it effectively.

So just because it is said in the general media doesn't mean that I can't mention it here. Then people responded back by citing the NFL's larger population and I made my responses back.

He shouldn't have called anyone an idiot or a moron, but he is right.

That is a bit hard to do when you do not have avenues to voice it to it effectively.

Then start selling hot dogs like Mike North did years ago, start a blog or YouTube yourself like Kige Ramsey has since the dawn of YouTube.

For what it's worth, I hadn't exactly done a whole ton of research into the matter; I was only saying you can't compare straight numbers of NFL to NBA players, because of the huge difference in the number of players on active rosters. Just like you can't compare 1930 financial figures to 2010 financial figures without added context.

I actually completely agree that it's ridiculous for the NBA to have a purported image problem compared to the NFL. Both have their fair share of image problems, but I think the NBA has cleaned up their act some in recent years. It seems better now than during that time period from roughly between the Kobe rape case and the Gilbert Arenas/Javaris Crittenton gun show, the latter of whom will never play professional basketball again after his run-ins with the law and pending murder charge.

spacer.png

Most recent arrests I can think of are Dustin Byfulgien (DUI- intoxicated boating) Patrick Kane (assault, robbery- cabbie incident), and Ben Eager (assault- nightclub incident)

2010 CHAMPS YEAH BABY

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Artest (Metta World Peace) seemed to realize that not much happened to many Bruins, especially Milbury still has a public career, since 1979.

EDIT: If there is a need to have a sociological* discussion of such a matter, let's start it (Mod permitted) independently. The Hernandez case should only be discussed here.

*-Gender, race, origin, and other social issues are not typically accepted on the CCSLC Forums following the US political threads in the past, so I am not even sure such an ill-informed, solely wikipedia-based, social thread should be added.

Artest (Metta World Peace) seemed to realize that not much happened to many Bruins, especially Milbury still has a public career, since 1979.

Does anyone have any idea of what the hell he's talking about here?

BB52Big.jpg

I'm pretty sure he's trying to say that Ron Artest going into the fans was in some way inspired by the lack of long term action taken against most of the Boston Bruins players who went into the fans in 1979.

Quite what that has to do with the discussion at hand I'm not really sure.

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

sorry sweetie, but I don't suck minor-league d

CCSLC Post of the day September 3rd 2012

Yeah, to say that in that moment Ron Artest thought 'I really shouldn't go into the fans, but some guys on a hockey team did it 25 years ago and people still like them, I'll be fine' is giving him way too much credit for cogent thought.

In reality at that moment his thought process was probably more along the lines of 'some guy threw beer at me, CHAAARGE!'

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

sorry sweetie, but I don't suck minor-league d

CCSLC Post of the day September 3rd 2012

Does anyone have any idea of what the hell he's talking about here?

Milbury and Eric Cantona can go into the stands, yet they are not called "thugs".

Cantona is a ManU Legend and Milbury is a white guy which non-whites really do not know about on 2013. Nobody cares about 1979.

Artest and Jackson can do it and they are now "thugs"? WTF? We are not the best presenting this issue as black folk, but that is not the story here.

Archived