Prevalence of Criminal Activity On The Part of Pro Athletes...

drdougfresh

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting arrest breakdowns for the NFL since 2000: http://imgur.com/a/n7yg7

I was gonna post a link where is said from the suber bowl this year till now 28 nfl players arrested, that's kinda horrifying.

Here it is: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2350619/Shocking-figures-reveal-27-NFL-players-arrested-Super-Bowl--including-murder.html

Kind of ridiculous how people in America can call the NBA a "thug" league but say absolutely nothing about the NFL. If these sorts of facts came about the NBA the mainstream media would be screaming for the NBA to clean itself up.

2nn48xofg0hms8k326cqdmuis.gifUnited States (2016 - Pres)7204.gif144.gif

You have to account for proportions, there. At any given there, there are at least 1696 players on an NFL roster, whereas the max for the NBA is 450 players.

This isn't a justification, but the NBA equivalent of 28 arrests would be somewhere in the neighborhood of eight. In other words, if there had been 28 arrests of NBA players in such a time span, then there better be an image problem there.

spacer.png

You have to account for proportions, there. At any given there, there are at least 1696 players on an NFL roster, whereas the max for the NBA is 450 players.

This isn't a justification, but the NBA equivalent of 28 arrests would be somewhere in the neighborhood of eight. In other words, if there had been 28 arrests of NBA players in such a time span, then there better be an image problem there.

This sounds like a justification and it is BS.

The media has been happy to jump on the "clean the NBA" bandwagon for far less agregious actions than what NFL players have done.

Can't we just follow the NHL's example?

No arrests since July 2012.

Most recent arrests I can think of are Dustin Byfulgien (DUI- intoxicated boating) Patrick Kane (assault, robbery- cabbie incident), and Ben Eager (assault- nightclub incident)

That said, there are always the Dany Heatley or Mike Danton arrests.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Kind of ridiculous how people in America can call the NBA a "thug" league but say absolutely nothing about the NFL. If these sorts of facts came about the NBA the mainstream media would be screaming for the NBA to clean itself up.

I had a similar conversation with someone about that last night. It is ridiculous how the NBA is considered the "thug league" while the NFL is basically given a free pass. Every league has it's share of "bad apples", but the NFL appears to have the most. It might be nothing more than the fact that NFL has the biggest rosters. But I also think part of it has a lot to do with football's willingness to shrug off "character issues." This is based on nothing more than my own perception, but it sure seems like if a guy can play, the NFL and college football are willing to overlook a multitude of sins.

BB52Big.jpg

Didn't realize the Broncos were so high. But now that I think about it, it's not that surprising. D.J. Williams has been arrested a couple times, mostly for DUI's, and then there was that whole Parrish Cox/Demaryius Thomas rape case last year.

And that's just from the last year and a half or so.

jNTsTyQ.png

Can't we just follow the NHL's example?

No arrests since July 2012.

Most recent arrests I can think of are Dustin Byfulgien (DUI- intoxicated boating) Patrick Kane (assault, robbery- cabbie incident), and Ben Eager (assault- nightclub incident)

That said, there are always the Dany Heatley or Mike Danton arrests.

I wonder what the NHL arrest record is like compared to the other leagues. I wonder if allowing fighting on ice decreases the need to fight in public. Just a quick thought that popped up reading this thread.

The media has been happy to jump on the "clean the NBA" bandwagon for far less agregious actions than what NFL players have done.

It isn't a justification, it's just a fact. The NFL has more players and because of that, they'll tend to have more arrests. However, the NFL does need to clean their s*** up. Some of the thug and ghetto mentality still runs rampant.

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

It isn't a justification, it's just a fact. The NFL has more players and because of that, they'll tend to have more arrests. However, the NFL does need to clean their s*** up. Some of the thug and ghetto mentality still runs rampant.

Or maybe the NFL has more arrests because of players with bad character as opposed to just numbers.

If that was the case the NHL would have more arrests than the NBA. I haven't seen any figures to indicate that is the case.

Or maybe the NFL has more arrests because of players with bad character as opposed to just numbers.

If that was the case the NHL would have more arrests than the NBA. I haven't seen any figures to indicate that is the case.

I actually can't find statistics on NBA arrests. The NBA Crime Library seems promising, but it's either an abandoned site or just slow to update, because according to it the NBA hasn't had an arrest since November 2012, which I know is false.

That being said I don't think the NBA's come close to matching the NFL, which has had twenty-eight arrests in the four months since the Super Bowl.

Make it 29:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9436643/joe-lefeged-indianapolis-colts-arrested-gun-charges

WASHINGTON -- Police say Indianapolis Colts safety Joe Lefeged has been arrested on gun-related charges after a traffic stop in Washington.

D.C. police spokesman Araz Alali says Lefeged was a passenger in a car that fled from police after a traffic stop for speeding early Saturday morning.

Police say they found a handgun in the car that authorities believe belonged to Lefeged.

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

Didn't realize the Broncos were so high. But now that I think about it, it's not that surprising. D.J. Williams has been arrested a couple times, mostly for DUI's, and then there was that whole Parrish Cox/Demaryius Thomas rape case last year.

And that's just from the last year and a half or so.

Don't forget Brandon Marshall and his array of crazy girlfriends. Throw in the likes of Dale Carter and Daryl Gardener from the early part of the 2000's and it actually does add up, unfortunately.

I actually can't find statistics on NBA arrests. The NBA Crime Library seems promising, but it's either an abandoned site or just slow to update, because according to it the NBA hasn't had an arrest since November 2012, which I know is false.

That being said I don't think the NBA's come close to matching the NFL, which has had twenty-eight arrests in the four months since the Super Bowl.

Arrest Nation is the database you all seem to be looking for to see recent years.

If not, go to Bad Jocks.

http://arrestnation.com/2012-arrest-stats/

According to Arrest Nation the NFL whooped the NBA 42 to 5 in 2012. In terms of percentages of players arrested the NFL was bigger than NBA & the NHL was much lower than the NBA so don't give me this "more players = more crime" bull :censored:.

Dude, you're getting too worked up about the apparent dissing of the NBA (what??) on these boards, lol. I didn't think people cared about it this much.

Here's the facts, the NFL has more players than the NBA and because of that they'll almost always have more players committing crimes than the NBA.

With that being said, the thug label on the NBA is unfair especially when you consider the NFL has a far higher percentage of their players committing crimes, and far more serious ones at that.

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

Archived