Utah Jazz Logos, Unis + Info on Bobcats

JamesCraven

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The NBA has busted me twice in the last month or so.  First, for having the new Grizzlies' color swatches on my site before they had been unveiled, and then again for having the Grizzlies' new secondary logo on my site as well.  This was before the uniforms had been released - the NBA Media Central site had the new secondaries up on their site briefly, but took them down.  The league told me that they hadn't officially been released, and politely asked me to remove it.  I did immediately.

Hmm, that's very interesting. How many people do you think there are who just surf the net looking for crap that shouldn't be up like logos, uniforms, or colors?

So, don't think that stuff that gets talked about here isn't noticed.

It's funny that you say that. Heck, the NBA offices could have some nicknames for some of the posters within this forum! :P

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

Yep...those jerseys posted above are basically them. The actual cuts of the uniforms are a bit different - the neck and shoulders especially. The actual ones are bit more traditional; not the oversized shoulder-thing that Reebok does with replicas.

The shorts have a new secondary logo on the waistband, and "UTAH" on both sides of the shorts (for the home shorts), and "JAZZ" on both sides of the road shorts.

The only Purple is in the secondary logo on the waistband.

The fourth color I mentioned earlier (as you can now see) is Silver. And, the Silver only exists on the road jerseys.

The new colors are basically the Tennessee Titans (down to the Pantones even), only substitute Purple for Red.

Ick.

those look better than their old ones, and thoe arent even really it...those are the reebok replicas, thats why they look funny. but seeing these and then picturing the authentics in my head makes me think these uniforms might actually look good. but i dont understand, now they look almost exactly like the grizzlies. instead of light blue, they couldve used teal and looked just as good if not better...STUPID

For the life of me, I don't know why the Jazz didn't just make the primary color PURPLE for cryin' out loud...I mean, even if they went with Purple, Light Blue, and Silver, it would at least have been UNIQUE...

Being a life-long hometown Utah Jazz fan I think these are a great change. Purple will always be associated with the Jazz and even if they keep these designs for the next 5-7 years they could then bring back the purple as the primary and people would love it once again. I think with any franchise it's good to mix things up every once and a while.

My biggest peeve about these is that there isn't a third color on the away uniform. That's what makes it a little dull to me.

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

My biggest peeve about these is that there isn't a third color on the away uniform.  That's what makes it a little dull to me.

You mean, the home uniform?

I guess! I just wish they were using thicker lines up the sides, something like the Lakers. The more and more I look at these the more I like the Grizzlies better.

Retired Number's To Come

Man I feel bad for anyone who's either a nuggets, jazz, grizzlies or mavs fan. Since you'll be playing the bilk of your games in the Navy/Sky blue division. Makes for reeeeeal boring TV. And yeah I think the NBA truly do look at this board, maybe too often because there turning every uni into ChrisCreamer colors.

My point is the replicas hardly ever do justice to the actual authentic ujnis. I remember that from the Cavaliers and Nuggets last year. I shall wait to see the authentics before commenting. Then and only then will I be making any camparisons between the Jazz and the Mavs.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

i cannot freakin believe that ANOTHER team has gone to Navy and Baby Blue!

You'd think this was the NCFA

:P:D

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

Archived