favorite one off uniform

lancealot

The best one-off uniform for me was when the Kentucky WIldcats wore black uniforms to honor the life of Bill Keightley, their equipment manager for 48 years who was also known as Mr. Wildcat.

keightleyjersey.jpgMeeksBlack.jpeg2568974.jpeg

spacer.png

The best one-off uniform for me was when the Kentucky WIldcats wore black uniforms to honor the life of Bill Keightley, their equipment manager for 48 years who was also known as Mr. Wildcat.

keightleyjersey.jpgMeeksBlack.jpeg2568974.jpeg

Was there some significances to the black other than the obvious?

I believe the black was used to symbolize death. Also for the rest of the 2009 season, the Cats wore these uniforms to honor him as well. Notice the "K" outlined in black and the "Mr. Wildcat" black band on the shoulder.

kentucky-uniform.jpg

spacer.png

LSU has rarely looked better...

lsunewuniformjpg-50f7d5d9e9956b8b.jpg#

I would not have been opposed to this becoming the Badgers' normal look.

502007e9e2dbc.preview-620.jpg#

Likewise, would've loved for US soccer to base all future home shirts off DTOM

08_ThrowbackJersey.jpg#

...as good as the national team looks in red though, my personal favorite was that one time they came out in sky blue (too lazy to dig around for pics of the actual game they were worn in, the real version had the crest over the heart, number in the middle)

football_shirt_9936_1_600x560x0.jpg

hate the Cards, but damn if that gold STL didn't look good

pMLB2-12464248dt.jpg#

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Wasn't that worn for 2 seasons? That was probably about 100 games, not 1

Eh, all these "Favorite [xxx]" threads end up turning into "Things that exist that I like or that are associated with my team."

Not attacking you, but seriously...someone says this, or something similar, on EVERY "favorite [xxx]" thread on here. Of course people are going to like or point out things associated with their teams. That's who they watch and follow closely. And why does that bother some people so much?

continued...of all the one-off unis Army has rolled out against Navy since 08, last season's was my favorite.

120812at_army_navy_steelman.jpg#

my favorite among the TATC jerseys...

Brewers.jpg#

heading down under...the current Port jumpers are technically based on this one, but when it came out this was a fan-designed one-off. Not exactly its fault it proved so popular it inspired a long overdue overhaul...(for reference, on the current set, the Power logo is smaller and moved to the left chest, a bit above where the sponsor is). :hockeysmiley:

mb_tredrea_gallery__287x400-200x0.jpg#

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Archived