Color Uniform vs. Color Uniform in the NFL?

I'm not against it. IMHO the Super Bowl should be color vs color just as long as the unforms aren't too similar.

What made me think of it was I just saw a pop up for the NFL kickoff and it had Manning in his orange uniform and Flacco in his all black alt, and I realized it would look beautiful on the field if they both wore non white uniforms, especially under the lights

Is it at all feasible that we could see in the next five or so years, in cases where both team's uniforms are distinctly different from each other, Two teams ply in a game both wearing their primary color uniform (i.e not white) like UCLA and USC and many NBA matchups?

We have seen it before

ROMOHOME.jpg

Do I expect to see it again? I don't think so. The NFL already lightened up on the shoes but I don't know if they'd take that kind of a major step where it becomes the norm

Go A's!

On one hand it would be pretty cool considering the Jets would only clash with the Packers and Eagles, and that would only happen twice in 4 years, but on the other the Jets' best combo (IMO) is white/white/green, so I don't know. I think there's some games that would look great, but I'm not on board with going to it full-scale if you catch my drift

oEQ0ySg.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29 // College Crosse: Where I write, chat, and infograph lacrosse

The Packers' first white jerseys were introduced because the Bears insisted on bringing their regular jerseys up from Chicago. (Teams weren't required to travel with light colored jerseys until 1957.)

Even after that, they played navy blue against navy blue for many years:

1941_GB-CHIplayoff_pg3.jpg

I realize no one has advocated such, but I'd loved to have seen the confusion if the Bengals and Browns had tried this in the 60s or 70s... :D

paul_warfield_brown_jersey.jpgisaac_curtis_1975_09_21.jpg

...and even though not the subject of this discussion, a white vs white matchup would have been fun, as well...

Gregpruitt_display_image.jpg?1278340469PTDC0294_20121127436.jpg

Heck, some of the teams wear white most of the time (Cowboys, Dolphins) and a ton wear white the first half of the year (Bucs, Saints, Panthers, etc.) and a bunch wear white the first few home games (Titans, Ravens, etc.) I don't buy the heat excuse. Other teams (college) and other sports wear their dark jerseys in sweltering heat and still tend to win. They should just declare dark homes (because of throwbacks and alts too) and white roads and be done with it.

KISSwall09.jpg

OT: That white football is pretty interesting. Any reasoning behind it if anyone knows?

Anyway, I think we should see color v color to break up the monotony of the same home v road. Imagine the 49ers' Red up against the Seahawks' blue; or the Ravens purple against the Bengals' orange. But I doubt we see it until after Goddell is no longer the commissioner. Look at how he ruined the Super Bowl & Playoff logos and the Conference championship trophies.

Should it happen? No. It's amateurish. Will it happen? Hopefully not. It's amateurish. I literally couldn't care the tiniest bit less what soccer does. Soccer is its own thing, and while I will avoid taking shots at soccer here, its traditions shouldn't be pushed into other sports. There is a reason the NFL and NHL used color-on-color matchups in the early goings - they weren't huge money leagues yet. As they got bigger and more professional, they got road jerseys so the teams stopped looking like well-dressed flag football teams.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

OT: That white football is pretty interesting. Any reasoning behind it if anyone knows?

Anyway, I think we should see color v color to break up the monotony of the same home v road. Imagine the 49ers' Red up against the Seahawks' blue; or the Ravens purple against the Bengals' orange. But I doubt we see it until after Goddell is no longer the commissioner. Look at how he ruined the Super Bowl & Playoff logos and the Conference championship trophies.

So, Goddell ruining other established aesthetics makes you think he'd be less likely to allow the ruin of established jersey aesthetics?

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Should it happen? No. It's amateurish. Will it happen? Hopefully not. It's amateurish. I literally couldn't care the tiniest bit less what soccer does. Soccer is its own thing, and while I will avoid taking shots at soccer here, its traditions shouldn't be pushed into other sports. There is a reason the NFL and NHL used color-on-color matchups in the early goings - they weren't huge money leagues yet. As they got bigger and more professional, they got road jerseys so the teams stopped looking like well-dressed flag football teams.

Amateurish? These guys always went color uniforms on color uniforms. :D

white-shadwo.jpg

Archived