NFL Redesign 2014: Pro Combats (Added Tampa Bay)

colinturner95

keH5Ihw.png

"BIG BLUE"

Everything is bigger in New York. Why should football be any different? Eli Manning (and his many faces) have brought 2 Super Bowl titles back to the Big Apple, but as of late, the Giants have not amounted to anything.

-classic blue helmet, red stripe, chrome NY logo, chrome facemask

-grey jersey (always liked the idea of a grey Giants jersey), red striping, blue numbers

-blue pants (also a first), single red stripe, done to mimic the helmet

-blue socks and shoes.

C and C welcome

Giants had blue pants for a couple of years in the 70's

Noted. Not sure how I missed that. :suspect:

I really like this look. I think the #s would look better with a red outline though.

I tried that, it looked too muddled.

AmPJ0Ty.png 

• Replies 786
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do you mind if I could have your template? This series is fantastic by the way.

What program for making concepts do you use?

Inkscape

Sorry to clutter your thread with template stuff, but would you mind sharing it with me also?

Oh and your designs are GREAT, this is one of those series I spend an hour looking through cuz can't stop staring at the beautiful concepts.

Noah Oppenheimer

baseballonly on OOTP Forums

Phillies GM in Max Modern Baseball

MMB Phillies Blog--League Blog

IronPigs GM in Continental Baseball League

"BIG BLUE"

Everything is bigger in New York. Why should football be any different? Eli Manning (and his many faces) have brought 2 Super Bowl titles back to the Big Apple, but as of late, the Giants have not amounted to anything.

-classic blue helmet, red stripe, chrome NY logo, chrome facemask

-grey jersey (always liked the idea of a grey Giants jersey), red striping, blue numbers

-blue pants (also a first), single red stripe, done to mimic the helmet

-blue socks and shoes.

C and C welcome

My biggest concern would be that the chrome on the helmet would clash with the gray jersey, but I'm not sure. Do any colleges use this look, so that I could see what it looks like in action.

Football_VaTech__027_0.jpg

This is where I got the idea for the color combo.

Sorry, I was meaning chrome with gray. I'm not worried about how the blue and gray would look together.

award%20sig.png

pYRpzku.png

Giants have grey, Jets, in my eyes, can have black.

-kelly green and black.

-Seahawk-like finish on the kelly green helmet.

-black jersey, kelly green stripes, numbers.

-shiny green pants, black stripes

-black shoes and socks

C and C welcome. I did this because I've always wanted to see what the Jets look like in black. Plus green is so underused anymore in sports.

AmPJ0Ty.png 

Either use the modern wordmark or 80's logo, the combination logo doesn't look to sharp. and the green on the jersey's look differemnt then on pants and helmet but otherwise it looks good and I love the addition of black.

Yeah, I know the greens look different, because they are shiny. The helmet would be done with a Seahawks-esque finish, and the pants would be a shiny material. I don't think that there is a jersey material that could replicate that effect.

AmPJ0Ty.png 

I did a concept similar to that a couple years ago. I like yours better though. I just wonder how readable the numbers would be from high up in the stands.

The numbers were a point of concern for me as well. I had them at white, but there was no white anywhere else in the unifom so it looked very out of place.

AmPJ0Ty.png 

JXVe0Dy.png

If you remember, certain teams during my first part of this series got Pro Combats and some didn't. The Raiders were one of these teams. So this is their Pro Combat, with a few tweaks,

-all black everything.

-matte black helmet, shiny black/silver stripe

-black jersey, silver highlights

-black pants, also, silver highlights

-black socks and shoes

C and C welcome

AmPJ0Ty.png 

RZYE0gZ.pngi

This is one of my favorite throwbacks ever. That being said I did make a few changes that I hope aren't too major.

-based on the 1960 uniform set.

-green helmet, white wings. I felt the grey was incredibly out of place, since there was no grey anywhere else on the uniform

-green jersey, white northwestern stripes (from the white jersey), white numbers.

-white pants, thin double stripe on the pants

-green socks, double stripe, black shoes to complete the look

C and C welcome

AmPJ0Ty.png 

znFFek4.png

"STEEL CITY"

Another of the teams with a premade PC uniform

-grey-out, homage to the steel industry

-grey helmet, black stripe/facemask, helmet does a Texas A&M fade from grey to the steel diamond pattern

-grey jersey, steel pattern on the shoulder, same striping pattern we're used to from the Steelers.

-Steel patterned numbers.

-grey pants, simple triple stripe.

-grey socks, w/stripe

-yellow shoes, for nothing more than contrast.

C and C welcome.

AmPJ0Ty.png 

znFFek4.png

"STEEL CITY"

Another of the teams with a premade PC uniform

-grey-out, homage to the steel industry

-grey helmet, black stripe/facemask, helmet does a Texas A&M fade from grey to the steel diamond pattern

-grey jersey, steel pattern on the shoulder, same striping pattern we're used to from the Steelers.

-Steel patterned numbers.

-grey pants, simple triple stripe.

-grey socks, w/stripe

-yellow shoes, for nothing more than contrast.

C and C welcome.

I must say this is the best Steelers concept I have ever seen! It's so much different than the original but feels so right. Kudos :notworthy:

CgWPTYS.jpgaPH2PVF.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, I haven't forgotten my series here, but I have been busy with some changes. Not gonna tell you, see if you can see what it is ;)

GzPLCgF.png

There is one major thing different about the uniforms from here on out. This one is more or less a straight throwback to the 1963 Chargers team that won the AFL. I did that because of the new Thursday Night alternates, maybe a throwback Thursday?

-white helmet, lightning bolt, helmet numbers.

-blue jersey, white patch, bolt inside it

-white pants, lightning bolt

-blue socks, black shoes

keeping it as true to the originals as possible. See if you can see whats new. and C and C as well

AmPJ0Ty.png 

Archived