NFL Redesign 2014: Pro Combats (Added Tampa Bay)

colinturner95

• Replies 786
  • Created
  • Last Reply

These are suppose to be pro combats right?

I love the concept but it's just not different enough from their regular set to really fit the pro combat theme IMO. I can see where you took aspects from the Ohio State unis but those unis also had chrome helmets ect.

These are suppose to be pro combats right?

I love the concept but it's just not different enough from their regular set to really fit the pro combat theme IMO. I can see where you took aspects from the Ohio State unis but those unis also had chrome helmets ect.

Well, pro combat from the point of this series. So for all intents and purposes, they don't wear these anymore, so it could be considered a throwback/"pro combat"

I do see what you're saying, and I'll probably go back and update it.

AmPJ0Ty.png 

Would love to see some sort of gray pants and/or jersey with the Browns... especially if they are Pro Combats. But if you are sticking to the tOSU route, I think the numbers should be oversized too, not just the stripes.

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

Make the facemask brown and you have a perfect pro combat for the Browns.

Nah. Keep it gray the way it should be.

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

Does anyone know any tricks to make a helmet look chrome in Illustrator? I've been struggling making a decent chrome look.

no i do it in photoshop

jaker52sig.png

signatureofteams.jpg

MUNCHEN LOWEN (WAFA) GULF SHORES OSPREYS (IBL)

Does anyone know any tricks to make a helmet look chrome in Illustrator? I've been struggling making a decent chrome look.

no i do it in photoshop

very helpful. anyone else?

AmPJ0Ty.png 

ESgGMgc.png

"WHO DEY"

The Bengals are on the edge of greatness. A young team has brought them to the front of the AFC North. With this young age comes speed, and these Bengals have it.

-white tiger is the idea.

-minimalized orange

-numbers are still black tiger stripe pattern. white was near impossible to see.

C and C welcome

It's funny that you call this "Pro Combat" when you have Cincinnati's jersey in the adidas Techfit template.

Maybe you could have sublimated tiger stripes in the sleeves, similar to The U's (Miami hurricanes) new 2014 jerseys with the Ibis sublimated into its sleeves.

A bolder number font would also make the tiger striping more visible.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

ESgGMgc.png

"WHO DEY"

The Bengals are on the edge of greatness. A young team has brought them to the front of the AFC North. With this young age comes speed, and these Bengals have it.

-minimalized orange

-numbers are still black tiger stripe pattern. white was near impossible to see.

C and C welcome

It's funny that you call this "Pro Combat" when you have Cincinnati's jersey in the adidas Techfit template.

Maybe you could have sublimated tiger stripes in the sleeves, similar to The U's (Miami hurricanes) new 2014 jerseys with the Ibis sublimated into its sleeves.

A bolder number font would also make the tiger striping more visible.

That is the Pro Combat Template. Note the collar and mesh locations. Its a white tiger pattern, which is white and black, not white and not visible from the top of Paul Brown Stadium. Thats why its white and black.

AmPJ0Ty.png 

rqvGwSi.png

"AMERICA'S TEAM"

Dallas. Home of the Cowboys. Born of decades of success, this new team finds itself at a precipice of falling into mediocrity. 3 straight years of a heart-breaking defeat in the final game of the season has kept the Cowboys out of the playoffs. With heartbreak still on the minds of their fans, the Cowboys need to remind their fans of where and how they built this team.

-think of this as a Boston Winter Classic (pieces of past uniforms rolled into one)

-white throwback helmet fans are accustomed to

-navy uniform, stars on sleeves, Texas A&M style racing stripes

-racing stripes represent the white yoke of the early navy years, while also representing a simpler version of the white jersey's stripes fans are used to seeing

-white pants, double stripe interrupted by a star.

-I tried out a new style of sock. Navy sock, double stripe interrupted by the mesh on the back. A lacrosse team I played against has socks similar to these

C and C this. Oh, have you seen the new flame war in the threads?

AmPJ0Ty.png 

ESgGMgc.png

"WHO DEY"

-minimalized orange

C and C welcome

I Just saw this online randomly earlier today when searching for something else:

BengalsHelmetOrangeChrome_zps4c0aaf6d.jp

You'll love this thread:

http://boards.bengals.com/showthread.php?p=2876738

One HUGE problem with the "white tiger" concept...Bengal tigers are the ORANGE tigers. If the tiger is white, it's not a Bengal tiger.

You'd have to rename the team either the "Siberians" or the "Albino Bengals"; :D

87Redskins.png

I Just saw this online randomly earlier today when searching for something else:

You'll love this thread:

http://boards.bengals.com/showthread.php?p=2876738

One HUGE problem with the "white tiger" concept...Bengal tigers are the ORANGE tigers. If the tiger is white, it's not a Bengal tiger.

You'd have to rename the team either the "Siberians" or the "Albino Bengals"; :D

Haha, yeah, the Bengals are Orange indeed. However, I was well aware of that fact going in and hey, its a concept, we live off the crazy stuff we do here at CCSLC. I am a fan of that thread. Thanks for finding that

AmPJ0Ty.png 

Drop the long-outdated "America's Team" slogan and that Dallas concept is great. That uniform is far better than the multi-colored, mismatched mess they wear now, at least at home.

Most of the country hates the Cowboys now. :D

87Redskins.png

Drop the long-outdated "America's Team" slogan and that Dallas concept is great. That uniform is far better than the multi-colored, mismatched mess they wear now, at least at home.

Yeah, I didn't want to but, I had to keep the whole Pro Combat presentation together, and "Big D" wasn't an appropriate nickname ...

AmPJ0Ty.png 

Look at the TV ratings. The Cowboys are still the biggest draw in football. Funny having a Washington Football Team fan talk about the necessity of rebranding....

Archived