NFL Redesign 2014: Pro Combats (Added Tampa Bay)

colinturner95

Not a fan of the sleeve striping or the belt loop design on the pants. I would carry over the pattern from the collar into sleeve and pants stripes instead.

I used the pattern I did on the pants and collar on the main set. I wanted something different for this uniform. Most of the emphisis on this uniform I expected to be on the helmet.

AmPJ0Ty.png 

• Replies 786
  • Created
  • Last Reply

9y6UmWj.png

"UNDER THE SUN"

Miami. Land of beaches, year-round sun, and football. Perfection has been achieved here and only here. But the past is in the past. Now the game is getting faster, and the Dolphins have fallen behind. But this year could be different. With the power of Knowshon Moreno, the speed of Mike Wallace and the ferocity of Dion Jordan, will this be the Dolphins year in the AFC East?

-I know its a pro combat, but I simplified the color scheme (no aqua/navy)

-White helmet, brought back orange as the main stripe. Chrome logo (I'm really pleased with the way it turned out)

-Orange jersey, wave pattern on the sleeves.

-White pants, wave pattern (not pleased with the way that turned out)

-White socks/white shoes

C and C welcome. This is my new favorite uniform. There's something about it that makes it my favorite.

AmPJ0Ty.png 

Your ProCombat Designs are amazing!!! On the Dolphins one, you have created a classic, expect for one thing...the number font. Have you tried a font that more "wavey?"

I really didn't. I felt like it works on the real-life uniforms, and here in the concept world. I also feel like I am the only one that feels that way about the number font.

AmPJ0Ty.png 

EoLtnoT.png

Normally, I'd be giving a Nike-ified BS paragraph here but this one is different. This uniform was inspired by my first concepts, which I guess began during the intial roll out of the 2009 Pro Combat and in that time I began to experiment with hand drawn uniforms, something I still do to this date. This uniform was inspired by one of my first drawings ever, which at the time was an all white uniform with black thrown in there. I didn't know better at the time the evils of putting black in a uniform for its sake. This design eventually took on more modern elements like the font, the pattern on the shoulders and in the numbers. The black shoes are reminincent of the earlier days of Viking football, as are the sleeve stripes.

C and C is welcome as always.

And this is my 1,000th post. Wow. Time has flown by.

AmPJ0Ty.png 

I see some pattern in the #'s why exactly does that represent? Oh and congrats on 1000!

Thank you. Its a pattern of Viking origin, IIRC, or nike just made it up for the new uniforms. But in real life, its only seen on the collars. I don't know what exactly it is, but I like it and I think it should be more prominent.

AmPJ0Ty.png 

Archived