NFL Redesign 2014: Pro Combats (Added Tampa Bay)

colinturner95

So, my NHL series is winding down and I'll be starting a college football thread along with this one, but this ones about the NFL and fixing the issues that some teams have with their looks. But first I must establish a few rules about this, seeing as this does deal with the No Fun League

1. Teams can have more than one helmet but no more than 3 (throwbacks not included in the rule)

2. The sock w/white rule is now optional, meaning some teams can wear it, but all teams aren't forced to

3. Teams can have 5 jerseys max (throwbacks not included)

There probably should be a rule about Jacksonville's helmets...

Anyway now that that is out of the way, Lets start this off 

Arizona_Cardinals_zpscfc01c0c.png

So the Cardinals scream Reebok piping disaster. I think they should be a front runner for a Nike redesign next season. Anyways, even with the Nike updates, I think the Cards should be relatively uniform conservative team, which is why you don't see any chrome or half helmet gradients. I don't like how the red jerseys never had any striping while the white jerseys did, so the red jerseys have a striping pattern on them. The biggest thing, I think about the jerseys is the sublimated Arizona flag pattern on the shoulders. I used the pants style from the Oregon spring jerseys to also have the sublimated flag. The alternate jersey or Pro Combat of the set doesn't stray too much from the home and away, but is geared more as a "Pride" jersey, as the flag is on the chest, and kinda has a copper appearance to it, which fits Arizona. The pants are slightly different. Red and black socks and black and red shoes for all the sets and I gave them a red helmet to go along with the white. C and C this up

AmPJ0Ty.png 

• Replies 786
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't like the 2 helmet look. For alternates, sure, but not for home and away. Also I don't like the different designs for the home and away. The black should be an alternate. Also which is the away? It can't be either under current NFL rules (very sensible ones might I add).

I don't like the 2 helmet look. For alternates, sure, but not for home and away. Also I don't like the different designs for the home and away. The black should be an alternate. Also which is the away? It can't be either under current NFL rules (very sensible ones might I add).

ummm the white one is the away.... and the black is the alternate

AmPJ0Ty.png 

Why is the white jersey hidden?

To save space in the on the picture, but I tried to show you enough so you see what it looks like. I'm trying to figure something out, but this is what I ended up with for now.

AmPJ0Ty.png 

Add some red pants and lose the gray facemasks and you have a winner.

Seconded.

EDIT: I would also add TV numbers on the shoulders. Just a personal preference of mine. But still a nice design.

nlog42.jpg

Thanks Dolphins91 for the jersey avatars.

Add some red pants and lose the gray facemasks and you have a winner.

Seconded.

EDIT: I would also add TV numbers on the shoulders. Just a personal preference of mine. But still a nice design.

Where should I put the tv numbers? They'd cover the flag pattern if they were on the shoulders

AmPJ0Ty.png 

You say it like it's obvious. The white one is almost unseeable and doesn't have a backside...

You say it like it's obvious. The white one is almost unseeable and doesn't have a backside...
It is obvious. Unless the white jersey has a different enough design to warrant seeing the back side, I won't use it. Plus I'd think that a person who knows the nfl would know that a white jersey usually is the away, save for the cowboys

AmPJ0Ty.png 

The NFL already has a red and black team in the Falcons. I'd get rid of all the black. Not that the NFL doesn't already have a red and yellow team either, but if you must use the pattern of the Arizona state flag in the uniform, the colors in it should be red and yellow like the flag.

That being said, it's hard to say "the Cards should be relatively uniform conservative team" with their uniforms looking like these. I'd adopt a less frilly, more plain look for the Cardinals. I wouldn't use the pattern on the flag anywhere on these. The shoulder stripes are OK, but I'd replace the traces of black with blue. I'd also only go with the white helmet; a red cardinal on a red helmet with the outlines on it as thin as they are might be too hard to see.

Arizona_Cardinals_Update_zpsf464de13.png

We've already got a quick update to the Cardinals. The grey facemasks are gone, replaced with red on the white, and white on the red. Red pants are added with a white flag pattern. And if anyone didn't notice, I pulled the white jersey out a little bit so its more visible and its seen. Let me know if anything else is wrong with this and Atlanta should be posted soon

AmPJ0Ty.png 

The NFL already has a red and black team in the Falcons. I'd get rid of all the black. Not that the NFL doesn't already have a red and yellow team either, but if you must use the pattern of the Arizona state flag in the uniform, the colors in it should be red and yellow like the flag.

That being said, it's hard to say "the Cards should be relatively uniform conservative team" with their uniforms looking like these. I'd adopt a less frilly, more plain look for the Cardinals. I wouldn't use the pattern on the flag anywhere on these. The shoulder stripes are OK, but I'd replace the traces of black with blue. I'd also only go with the white helmet; a red cardinal on a red helmet with the outlines on it as thin as they are might be too hard to see.

Well, you're right but if you think about it, I could've given the Cardinals a Jacksonville helmet, and jerseys similar to their gradient happy college in Tuscon. I get what you're saying but I'm gonna stick with the addition of black.

AmPJ0Ty.png 

Arizona_Cardinals_Update_zpsf464de13.png

We've already got a quick update to the Cardinals. The grey facemasks are gone, replaced with red on the white, and white on the red. Red pants are added with a white flag pattern. And if anyone didn't notice, I pulled the white jersey out a little bit so its more visible and its seen. Let me know if anything else is wrong with this and Atlanta should be posted soon

The update makes this whole set fantastic! Although TV numbers would cover up the flag pattern, I believe for an NFL team they are needed.

spacer.png

Archived