Phoenix Suns rebrand

unifaun1973

Made them a year ago and now, just before they go for the new jersey, I'd like to share them.

The primary logo is basically a mix between the original one (1968-1992) and the latest one (2000-2013).
I kept the grey but used it in a much clever way than the Suns did for more than a decade (especially keeping it out the uniforms).

Jersey are based on Barkley's era (1992-2000) but simplified taking out the basketball sun.

Hope you like them.

phoenixsunsprimarylogo.jpg
phoenixsunshomeuniforms.jpg
phoenixsunsawayuniforms.jpg

I'm a fan. I'd make the numbers on the purple jersey orange, though. This is a pretty simple look, but it's clean and will be much better than the cluster:censored: that the suns are about to unveil. And the best part is that you stuck with purple and orange.

594dd21ce423b_SmallHats.png.3601f33ba30ee66006c37617c7069ace.png

I don't really get the point of the gray box in the logo. I don't really like the font but that's more personal. People could complain about the inconsistencies between the two and it's bugging me a little. It's not that big of a deal, though.

thundersignature.png

and

sport-scarf_bucs_zpsc424092b.png

I'm not a fan of the font, like the others, but I do like the design of the unis. My only suggestion there would be to add some grey to the home set and have the stripe go all the way up to the waistband on the back of the shorts.

As far as the logo, I think you should try and simplify the sun A LOT. I would take out the red and the drop shadow and change all the black to purple.

...thank you all for feedbacks !

The entire thing was more a joke and I was just supposed to go through a boring afternoon.

As a lot of us, I was very disappointed about the design revealed on Thursday so I decided to go back to this Phoenix Suns project and realize a proper corporate design.

As a fan I have thought about improving the Suns identity for a long time and looking back at my sketches I found some interesting stuff which I draw back in 2001. I remember that I was very disappointed about the introduction of the grey in the colour palette and I tried a cleaner solution to what they had done. I made a digitalized version of that, just to show you what should have been the way to take for the refreshment of their logo.

(I didn't spend too much time on that...it was just a quick draft).

Anyway, this is NOT what I'm going to develop now.
I will probably take another direction, closer to the one I already post but considering all your advices.
More of that soon.

Thanks,

0ngz.jpg

...thank you all for feedbacks !

The entire thing was more a joke and I was just supposed to go through a boring afternoon.

As a lot of us, I was very disappointed about the design revealed on Thursday so I decided to go back to this Phoenix Suns project and realize a proper corporate design.

As a fan I have thought about improving the Suns identity for a long time and looking back at my sketches I found some interesting stuff which I draw back in 2001. I remember that I was very disappointed about the introduction of the grey in the colour palette and I tried a cleaner solution to what they had done. I made a digitalized version of that, just to show you what should have been the way to take for the refreshment of their logo.

(I didn't spend too much time on that...it was just a quick draft).

Anyway, this is NOT what I'm going to develop now.

I will probably take another direction, closer to the one I already post but considering all your advices.

More of that soon.

Thanks,

0ngz.jpg

I like this logo a lot more than the first one, although I would cut off the streaks where the box ends so they don't run into the text. The spikes around the ball protruding outside of the box are cool though.

Archived