My Journey To My Best Concept

JMurr

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm gonna come out and say that I wasn't a big fan of any of your previous designs, Jmurr. But these last few have been pretty good. Mobile is a huge improvement and Juneau is pretty good.

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

I'm gonna come out and say that I wasn't a big fan of any of your previous designs, Jmurr. But these last few have been pretty good. Mobile is a huge improvement and Juneau is pretty good.

By the last few do you mean the Alabama group? Please give me some feedback what did you not like about the previous ones and what is working with the new stuff?

Mobile, Juneau, and Heat, (unless you change pumpkins to "gourds", thatd be a great name)

Okay, so based on this suggestion let Gourds become another possibility that can be voted for Phoenix.

7fe6a713-a81f-4ac9-b995-837498cd0466_zps

Phoenix Lights

Huntsville Rockets

Fairbanks North Stars

"Jesus said to him, 'I am the way, and the truth, and the life.'" - John 14:6

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." - John 3:16

I just think your designs have gotten better. Montgomery seemed kinda thrown together despite the meaning behind it. Juneau's logo looks like it could probably be used at the NASL level. Also, if you are using paint, gimp, Inkscape, or whatever, I understand. But maybe you should try your hand at Adobe's variety of programs. I think you could benefit from it.

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

I just think your designs have gotten better. Montgomery seemed kinda thrown together despite the meaning behind it. Juneau's logo looks like it could probably be used at the NASL level. Also, if you are using paint, gimp, Inkscape, or whatever, I understand. But maybe you should try your hand at Adobe's variety of programs. I think you could benefit from it.

Thank you. And thanks for the tip. I am using Inkscape but I think it is time to look into Adobe programs.

Fairbanks' logo contradicts the actual contour of the big dipper. Just check the Alaskan flag, the stars make more of a hill shape while yours has more of a valley shape. Other than that, you are definitely improving!

I am aware of this fact. However I did this to accommodate the words arching under the North Star but above the Big Dipper. However I think I might tinker with this and see if the words can work with a as you call it "hill shape" arch.

Calling these votes:

Name for Phoenix:

Heat - 3 Votes (33.33%) WINNER
House Divided - 0 Votes (0%)

Pumpkins - 0 Votes (0%)

Gourds - 2 Votes (22.22%)

Lights - 2 Votes (22.22%)

Monsoons - 2 Votes (22.22%)

Alabama Championship:
Mobile Mystics - 8 Votes (88.88%) WINNER

Huntsville Rockets - 1 Vote (11.11%)

Alaska:

Fairbanks North Stars - 6 Votes (60%) WINNER

Juneau Gold - 4 Votes (40%)

MORE TO COME!!!

Okay so I have the Phoenix Heat coming soon, also some fixes to some of the Alaskan teams to set up the next stage of that state competition, so stay tuned. In the meantime however I need to get these team nickname selections moving. I want to get them considerably ahead so that I can have time to think them over, and develop some solid logos. So 4 new polls.

What team name do you want to see used for Chandler, Arizona?

Chandler, Arizona (Arizona’s fourth largest city)

Chandler Microchips

One industry that is leading the high paced growth of the city of Chandler is the tech industry. As a tribute to this fact one proposal for a team in Chandler is the Microchips.

Chandler Silicon (added as a possibility due to suggestion by eagle98)

Another take on the presence of the tech industry in Chandler.

Chandler Ostriches

Early on in the history of the city Chandler had a large amount of Ostrich farms. This is no longer true today but still the city holds an annual ostrich festival.

Chandler Tumbleweeds

Tumbleweeds are a common sight in the Sonora Desert. Chandler has embraced this fact. One of the city’s most visited parks is Tumbleweed Park. Furthermore every year Chandler erects a Christmas tree display, but unlike other cities Chandler’s tree is actually made of Tumbleweeds.

What team name do you want to see for Tucson, Arizona?

Tucson, Arizona (Arizona’s second largest city)

Tucson Saguaros

I have to tell you I really want to see this one win. A Saguaro is one of those large tree size cactuses that Arizona is famous for. Tucson sits next to Saguaro National Park. This is the name I gave a team in Pro Curling (another thread I have on these boards, that I will still be tinkering with from time to time). I have even already put together a possible logo for the team, one that I posted before on these boards and developed with the help of your C&C. So again I am rooting for this to win the Tucson name contest.

Tucson Optics

Did you know that a nickname of the Tucson area is Optic Valley? The University of Arizona, a school located in Tucson, is a pioneer in the field of optics. The research done at the university has spawned many companies engaged in the field. Thus the name Tucson Optics. I think some really cool possibilities with color exist for this team concept.

Tucson Originals

Tucson is Arizona’s first and oldest incorporated city. Therefore one concept name for a team in Tucson would be the Originals. As the name dose not lend itself to much imagery, I will barrow from other elements of the city’s history when drawing a logo. A pueblo or stagecoach might suffice. Being that Tucson’s nickname is “The Old Pueblo” a pueblo is likely to be the ideal choice for a logo for this concept.

Tucson Outlaws

Tucson’s past is very much so linked with the folklore of the Wild West. It served as a station for a few stagecoach routes and therefore witnessed its share of stage coach robberies. The stories of Wyatt Earp, the Cowboys, and other involved with the events at the O.K. Coral in Tombstone, travel through Tucson. Therefore it is fitting that Outlaws be a name given to a Tucson sports team. Again I am thinking something along the lines of a stagecoach for a logo here, or maybe a man with a bandana and then use the stagecoach as an alternate logo.

Tucson Snowbirds

Not exactly sure how I would work this one yet but let me set up the premise. So Tucson is a warm weathered city. A large portion of its population is not permanent. Rather it is made up of individuals who live in more northern cities but have a second home in Tucson that they come to during the cold winter months. These people are called snowbirds. Now the problem with naming a team after these folks is that most of them are older, not exactly the image of an athlete and not exactly intimidating. However they are folks who generally have considerable disposable income, just the type of person a sports franchise needs to attract.

Tucson Fossils

Tucson is the sight of an annual Gem and Fossil show that exhibits findings from local excavation sights. This could serve as the premise of a team. I would work in something with dinosaurs for a logo.

Tucson los Vaqueros

Los Vaqueros translates to cowboys. It is a fitting name for a Tucson sports team because annually Tucson is the sight of Fiesta de los Vaqueros or the Tucson Rodeo. The event is such a big deal in the city that nearly every school in town takes the day off and even local business drop dress codes so that their employees may dress in western attire. The event also marks the beginning of the rodeo season in the United States. Utilizing the Spanish name for cowboys will help the team appeal to the large Hispanic population as well as the not to distant citizens of Mexico who may travel up to Tucson to catch a game.

What team name do you want to see for Mesa, Arizona?

Mesa, Arizona (Arizona’s third largest city)

Mesa Oasis

The early settlers to the region, the Hohokam people, were one of the most sophisticated in terms of building aqueducts and irrigation. When the lived in the area they transformed the desert into an Oasis.

Mesa Aeros

An industry that played a vital role in the growth of Mesa was the aerospace industry. Therefore one team name that is purposed for the city is the Mesa Aeros.

What team name do you want to see for Little Rock, Arkansas?

Little Rock, Arkansas (Arkansas’ largest city and state capital)

Little Rock Falcons

Dassault Aviation, makers of the Dasault Falcon Jet, has a large presence in and around Little Rock. The company is one of Little Rocks largest private employers. To honor this a team could be named after the jet and perhaps work a jet in as maybe a secondary logo.

Little Rock Gems

Arkansas is the only diamond producing state in the union. Little Rock is Arkansas largest city. Therefore even though Little Rock is not generally a major player in the gem business it would still be fitting to have a team in Little Rock named the Gems.

Little Rock 42ers

The most famous resident ever to have lived in Little Rock, Arkansas is President Bill Clinton. As I read about Little Rock it was plain to see that the city is proud of their most distinguished citizen. Interestingly Clinton was the 42 President of the United States and 42 Governor of Arkansas, therefore I propose he is honored in a team named the Little Rock 42ers.

My votes

Tumbleweeds, Saguaros, Aeros, Gems

You know, I just realised something. You're using the curling playoff style format. I use that format all the time for simulating leagues and things like that. A bit ironic if you ask me, with that great curling thread you've got going. Was that intentional?

Archived