2013-14 NHL Season: "We Are North American Scum"

Funky Bunky

Might as well get used to them because there's going to probably be seven games of the Randy and Drew variety involving these two teams starting in two weeks' time.

I disagree with Still MIGHTY, I would actually love that. Big fan of Randy and Drew.

So those San Jose Sharkies set a franchise-record tonight with 52 hits, with that opportunist Thornton leading the charge.

M'kay, San Jose. You want it rough? Fine, in two weeks, you'll get it rough. You'll get a rough series from the people in black and white from SoCal.

The police?

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Refs are certainly doing their best to ensure the Maple Leafs win this game. I guess Toronto needs all the help they can get.

The Bruins were outplayed for most of the game. I'd be more concerned about how that happened then with any "help" the Leafs might have had :rolleyes:

...they were?

And besides, who do you think is going to be expected to show a better effort, the team that is 15-1-1 since March began and is comfortably #1 in the East and on the back-end of a road back-to-back, or the team that, via a 1-8 capsizing, finds themselves on the outside of a playoff bubble that they had rested quite comfortably in virtually the entire season?

And the third period of that game was all Boston, it wasn't even close. This was before and after Bernier got hurt.

spacer.png

HA! Payback Montreal!

I hate this team

Oh and to CS85 and Still Mighty and anyone else who rip on their team because they look incompetent in one game even though they're a real cup contender, look at this Senators team and just realize how bad it can really be.

HA! Payback Montreal!

I hate this team

Oh and to CS85 and Still Mighty and anyone else who rip on their team because they look incompetent in one game even though they're a real cup contender, look at this Senators team and just realize how bad it can really be.

at least Ottawa didn't wait for the last 3:30 of the game to blow their three-goal lead this time. Quicker and more painless...I'm guessing.

spacer.png

HA! Payback Montreal!

I hate this team

at least Ottawa didn't wait for the last 3:30 of the game to blow their three-goal lead this time. Quicker and more painless...I'm guessing.

Everything's just numb for now. Just to think a couple of weeks ago we had hope.

And Hemsky's out of the game with an "upper body injury", great...

well, as much as I'll rationally blame the Lightning for possibly blowing home ice against Montreal on condition of losing home games against really bad teams multiple times over (Sens, Isles, Sabres, and Flames come to mind), I'll irrationally blame the Sens for losing two games where they were three goals up on the Habs as well, since those are four points that the Habs WTF'd their way towards getting.

spacer.png

I hate sports.

I'm just done with them. Nothing good comes out of it and they're a waste of time energy and money.

I've picked up some other hobbies over the last couple of years and I've decided to commit myself to those.

PvO6ZWJ.png

I assume the Ducks are going to storm back in the third period again tonight, but this team is going to get its ass kicked in the playoffs.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULB | USMNT | USWNT | LAFC | OCSC | MAN UTD |

...they were?

And the third period of that game was all Boston, it wasn't even close. This was before and after Bernier got hurt.

Yep. And a third period is not a full game. That comeback wouldn't have been necessary had they not allowed the Leafs to put three up on them in the first two periods. So yes, the Bruins were outplayed for the majority of the game.

And besides, who do you think is going to be expected to show a better effort, the team that is 15-1-1 since March began and is comfortably #1 in the East and on the back-end of a road back-to-back, or the team that, via a 1-8 capsizing, finds themselves on the outside of a playoff bubble that they had rested quite comfortably in virtually the entire season?

...I don't particularly care, since the odds are that the Leafs' season is done. I just know that, on that night, the Leafs outplayed the Bruins when it mattered. Does it mean much? Probably not. Still, I get a bit tired of having to put up with "LOL THANKS FOR RASK"/"HAHA KESSEL CHANTS"/"J/K LEAFS GOOD GAME DESPITE PUTTING 7 ON YOU" from Bruins fans only to have them pull "well obviously Toronto only won with help from the refs" when the Leafs manage to pull out a victory. Just go be smug with your labour hating, lockout enabling jacka** of an owner elsewhere.

I'm tired of seeing my team flame out year after year, regime after regime while the Red Wings continue to grow Swedish superstars in a vat somewhere and the Bruins just Boston their way to success. Both often succeeding at my team's expense.

McCarthy's right. Sports are no fun.

only now do I remember how irritated you tend to get with B's fans when they mock the Leafs despite the fact that the B's generally crush the Leafs every time out. That was a hornets nest that I walked into. Oops.

It's weird, because the pure hockey fan in me wants Toronto in the playoffs every year. That's too good a crowd to be reduced to towel waving on Opening Day for Blue Jays games. The Corsi/Fenwick person in me is amused that the Leafs finally lost their way. Now that the Leafs are no threat to catching Tampa in the standings, I'm letting the hockey fan in me win this out. And while Detroit is also a good crowd, they've had 22 years of this. Too bad even when they suck they get rescued because Nyquist starts scoring goals at a 60 goal pace. It really is incredible that nothing will ever keep the Wings from reaching the playoffs. I'm pretty well convinced that, with their schedule, they'll go one step further and, once again, avoid even having a losing record season. They were 20-24 last year and won their last four; they were 34-40 and now sit at 37-40 with easy foes in Carolina and Buffalo as well as meaningless game foes in Pittsburgh and St. Louis still sitting around. When a team can lose Datsyuk and Z for most of the season for most of the season and still finish .500, either that's just screwed up or a franchise forever blessed. If you're a Detroit fan, thank your lucky starts. If you're a foe, consider yourself cursed.

Hell, if Detroit wins in regulation tomorrow night, they're only three points behind Montreal with a game in hand. The potential for Detroit to finish in the top-3 in the Atlantic still exists. What in the hell.

(I still stand behind my extremely shallow analysis of that Boston/Toronto game but I know we're not going to agree and that's not the crux of my argument anyway.)

spacer.png

So Hiller gives up four goals on nine shots from the damn Predators, Andersen comes in and plays well but takes a Weber slap shot off the mask, Hiller starts the third as Andersen is out with an upper-body injury.

Yay.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULB | USMNT | USWNT | LAFC | OCSC | MAN UTD |

I hate sports.

I'm just done with them. Nothing good comes out of it and they're a waste of time energy and money.

I've picked up some other hobbies over the last couple of years and I've decided to commit myself to those.

When the isles get me down, which is every season for the last 15+ years, I just go on a Dr. Who binge watching session.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

I hate sports.

When the isles get me down, which is every season for the last 15+ years, I just go on a Dr. Who binge watching session.

I like the way you think, sir...

Oh Christopher Eccleston, will you be the wind beneath my wings?

So Hiller gives up four goals on nine shots from the damn Predators, Andersen comes in and plays well but takes a Weber slap shot off the mask, Hiller starts the third as Andersen is out with an upper-body injury.

Yay.

Relax, here is a good 3rd string goalie for you:

Hayward_Brian_27_Aout_87_005.jpg

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

Archived