2013-14 NHL Season: "We Are North American Scum"

Funky Bunky

The worst part about Steiggy is that he is, really, the Hawk Harrelson of hockey. He makes himself part of the team, and anything that goes against him and his Penguins is clearly a conspiracy by the refs, the league, or those goons on the other team, never mind that "his" team employed Matt Cooke in his prime. He encourages the victimization complex. Paul just needs to start calling the teams "good guys" and "bad guys", and leave the booth for a period when the Pens are down 3, so we can make it official.

Anyway, I know I was the only one watching last night, but why is Zac Rinaldo still in the league? Is it because he merely tries to hospitalize opponents, but has yet to succeed?

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I remember watching highlights of the Islanders brawl from 2011, and how Stiegerwald was like "Hey Trevor go back inside your cage!", and going on endless rants about how the Isles were a complete embarrassment to hockey.

So Rinaldo is basically Raffi Torres without the serious injuries incurred from the opponents.(Though Torres is a better overall player)

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

There's something disturbingly earnest about Steigerwald's homerism. Jack Edwards is more over the top, but you have to think he knows it; you can't be like "THE IMMORTAL DAVID KREJCI HAS LED THE GLORIOUS BOSTON BRUINS TO A VICTORY THAT WILL BE WRITTEN ABOUT FOR YEEEAAARS TO COME" or whatever he's always on about and not do it with a wink. Pat Foley and Howie Rose are total homers, but they're just as likely to turn around and break bad on their teams, too (though Foley hasn't had the occasion to so often). Steigerwald, as a play-by-play guy, is really kind of boring, during which time he also happens to be 20,000 leagues into the tank for the Pens. Which is fine, whatever, they're not my telecasts, but people don't think this is good, do they?

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

For all the :censored: Yzerman takes on here, his personnel moves have actually been pretty good over the last 3 years... They look even better when you compare him to, say, Ken Holland.

American hero and stud prospect John Gibson is getting his first NHL start in net tonight for the Ducks in Vancouver.

The future is now, I guess.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

For all the :censored: Yzerman takes on here, his personnel moves have actually been pretty good over the last 3 years... They look even better when you compare him to, say, Ken Holland.

Yzerman has taken a lot less crap here now that he finally got himself a goaltender. Also, he's a sympathetic figure next that see-you-next-Tuesday Martin St. Louis.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I tend to think Yzerman is bound to fill Holland's seat eventually, I just hope that day is either a long ways away, or once Yzerman has built something of an empire down here and left a well taught assistant to fill in his stead.

Yeah, that Conacher/Bishop trade, I think we all had that one pegged wrong. I'm glad about that; I'll never doubt this man again.

spacer.png

I tend to think Yzerman is bound to fill Holland's seat eventually, I just hope that day is either a long ways away, or once Yzerman has built something of an empire down here and left a well taught assistant to fill in his stead.

Yeah, that Conacher/Bishop trade, I think we all had that one pegged wrong. I'm glad about that; I'll never doubt this man again.

Even a move like giving Filppula 5M instead of, I dunno, Stephen Weiss seems a lot smarter now than it did 8 months ago.

Calgary, you have always been my favorite Canadian team. I rooted my heart out for you in the 2004 finals.

Thank you so much.

Two wins puts the Blue Jackets in the playoffs.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Calgary, you have always been my favorite Canadian team. I rooted my heart out for you in the 2004 finals.

Thank you so much.

Two wins puts the Blue Jackets in the playoffs.

And also a Flyers fan thank you to Calgary. Now all the Flyers need to do is beat Florida tomorrow night and they're in.

Three 1-0 games on the score ticker right now, two final, let's see if this last one holds for 28ish minutes. The New New NHL!

Not quite, but the 3 home teams produced a big fat gooseegg tonight.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

vsnAT7b.jpg

Kings/Sharks/Ducks outscore Vancouver 49-19 in their first year in the Pacific.

---

Oh, and Johnny Shutout, er, John Gibson. Hell yeah. Ducks made it a hell of a lot easier for him. Best defensive/shot-blocking effort by the Ducks in a long while. Hopefully this gets the wheels churning in the other direction and they finish out strong against SJ, LA, and Colorado. Let's see how playoff ready they are.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Archived